• Jazz in Bloom. 6-9 p.m. Oasis Sports Bar & Grill, 301 E. Washington St., Sequim. 582-3143.
• "The Three Wisemen." Timothy James Meaney, Brett Williams and Jon Blackstone. Traditional Christmas songs, original material. See www.thethreewisemen.com. 7 p.m. Calvary Chapel, 91 S. Boyce Road, Sequim. For ticket information, call 681-5995.
• Stacey Jones & The Wolf. 8 p.m.-midnight. 7 Cedars Casino, 270756 Highway 101, Sequim. 683-7777.
Friday Dec. 19
• Richard Royce. Flamenco guitar. 6-8:30 p.m. Galare Thai, 120 W. Bell St., Sequim. 683-8069.
Friday-Saturday Dec. 19-20
• Soul'd Out. Music from the 1970s, 1980s and 1990s. 9 p.m.-1 a.m.
• Open mic. 6:30-9:30 p.m., sign-up begins 6:30 p.m. The Buzz, 130 N. Sequim Ave. Sequim. Free. 683-2503.
• Open mic. 7 p.m. The Upstage Theatre and Restaurant, 923 Washington St., Port Townsend. 360-385-2216.
• Karaoke with Big Dog. 9 p.m.-1 a.m. Oasis Sports Bar & Grill, 301 E. Washington St., Sequim. 582-3143.
• TBA 6-10 p.m.; Karaoke with Big Dog, 10 p.m.-1 a.m. Oasis Sports Bar & Grill, 301 E. Washington St., Sequim. 582-3143.
• Open mic. 7 p.m. The Itty Bitty Buzz, 110 E. First St., Port Angeles. Free. 565-8080.
• Jess Doenges. 5-7 p.m. Rick's Place, 102 W. Front St., Port Angeles. 452-8683.
• Informal jam session, bring guitar, voice, other instruments and friends. 7-9:30 p.m. The Veela Cafe, 133 E. First St., Port Angeles. 452-5040.
Art exhibits, receptions, openings
• Roland Blaich. Landscape photographs from Eastern Washington and beyond. Karon's Frame Center, 625 E. Front St., Port Angeles. Through December. 565-0308.
• Gift gallery at Blue Whole Gallery. Small, less expensive works of art by gallery artists. Through December. 129 W. Washington St., Sequim. 681-6033.
• Linda Vliet, December featured artist, painted saws and mirrors. Olympic Art Gallery, 40 Washington St., Quilcene. 360-765-0200 or email@example.com.
• "Hats of Yesteryear" and "Natural Material/Material Nature" juried fiber arts exhibit. Through Dec. 19. Sequim Museum and Arts Center, 175 W. Cedar St., Sequim. 683-8110.
• Sequim Arts member Donna Standerwick's works in oils and watercolors, "Road into Winter." Through Dec. 30. Key Bank, Dunlap Avenue at East Washington Street, Sequim. 452-3072.
• "Art is a Gift" holiday market. Original paintings, prints, jewelry, ceramics, glass, photography, wearables, ornaments, CDs and more. 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Wednesday-Sunday through Jan. 4. Port Angeles Fine Art Center, 1203 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles. A portion of proceeds from each sale goes to support the art museum. www.pafac.org.
• "The History of the Olympic Peninsula Including the Future." Egg tempera paintings and enamel paintings on galvanized steel. Noon-9 p.m. Jack Gunter Gallery at The Landing mall, 115 E. Railroad Ave., Port Angeles. 457-6449.
• Ninth season of "Art Outside" includes new works by 20 artists. Webster's Woods Art Park, 1203 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles. Open daylight hours year-round. 457-3532.
• "Strong People: The Faces of Clallam County," county history. "Signs of the Time" celebrates the 60th anniversary of the Historical Society with artifacts and art from 18 county artists. 1-4 p.m. Wednesday-Saturday. Clallam County Historical Society Museum at the Carnegie, Second and Lincoln streets, Port Angeles. 452-2662.
• Works of John Barrett, Doris Norton, L. Lehr, Karin Anderson, Mary Marsh, Randy Radock and Sallie Radock. 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Mondays-Fridays, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturdays. Classic Custom Floors Showroom, 190 Center Park Way, Sequim. 683-8500.
• Readers Theatre Plus radio version of "It's A Wonderful Life." 7:30 p.m. Dec. 19; 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Dec. 20 at the Old Dungeness Schoolhouse, 2781 Towne Road, Sequim, and 2 p.m. Dec. 21 at the Port Angeles Community Playhouse, 1235 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles. $10 per person at the door, proceeds benefit Sew Much Comfort. 888-762-1764.
Saturday Dec. 20
• The Gryffyn Band, blues. Port Townsend Jitterbug Dance Club. Predance beginning Samba - American-style lesson with Tom Fair-hall and Jean Bettanny, 7 p.m., free with admission. Dance 8-11 p.m. Erickson Building, Jefferson County Fairgrounds, 4907 Landes St., Port Townsend. $12 adults, $6 12 and under, and adults after 10 p.m. 360-385-6919 or 360-385-5327.
• Line dance lessons for high beginner, intermediate and advanced dancers. 9-11 a.m. Pioneer Memorial Park clubhouse, 387 E. Washington St., Sequim. $5 per week. 681-2987.
• Western line dancing lessons. High beginner, intermediate and advanced. 9-11 a.m. Sequim Elks Lodge, 143 Port Williams Road,
Sequim. $3 per week. 681-2826.
• Western line dancing classes. Beginner, 10-11:30 a.m. Sequim Elks Lodge, 143 Port Williams Road, Sequim. $3 per week. 681-2826.
• Hula dance classes for teens, adults and seniors. 10-11 a.m. Sequim Senior Activity Center, 921 E. Hammond St., Sequim. $5 per class, $3 for senior center members. 253-288-0450.
• Port Angeles Senior Swingers dance with Wally and the Boys. 7:30-9:30 p.m. Port Angeles Senior Center, 328 E. Seventh St., Port Angeles. Suggested donation $4, first visit free. 457-5472.
Friday Dec. 19
• Wine tasting features Christina James Winery from Port Townsend. 5:30-7:30 p.m. Damiana's Best Cellars, 143 W. Washington St., Sequim. $10. 683-7697.
Saturday Dec. 20
• Olympic Gentle Paws dogs need youngsters to read to them. 10-11:30 a.m. Port Angeles Library, 2210 S. Peabody St. Port Angeles. 681-4440.
• Santa by the Pond. Candy canes, cocoa and a display of lights. Cameras and wish lists welcome. 3-5 p.m. Vision Landscape Nursery, 131 Kitchen-Dick Road, Sequim. 683-2855.
Wednesdays-Saturdays through Dec. 20
• Holiday wreath-making at McComb Gardens. Wreath rings, crimping machine, preservative spray, cider and fudge provided in heated greenhouse. Fee depends on size of ring, customer brings a garbage can full of greens for wreath. McComb Gardens, 751 McComb Road, Sequim. Reservations required. 681-2827.
Through Dec. 23
• "Holiday in the Garden" art show and sale. 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday. Vision Landscape Nursery, 131 Kitchen-Dick Road, between Sequim and Port Angeles. 683-2855.
• Bird walks at the Dungeness River Audubon Center's lower Dungeness riparian forest. 8:30-10:30 a.m. Railroad Bridge Park. 2151 W. Hendrickson Road, Sequim. 681-4076.
• Blood pressure checks. 9 a.m.-noon. Second floor, Cardiac Services, Olympic Medical Services Building, 840 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 417-7486.
• Bridge at the Sequim Senior Activity Center. 1 p.m. All playing skill levels welcome. Other activities: senior workout, 9 a.m.; glee club, 10 a.m.; Wii video games, 3:15-4:45 p.m. 921 E. Hammond St., Sequim. 683-6806.
• Texas hold 'em poker. 2 p.m. Oasis Sports Bar & Grill, 301 E. Washington St., Sequim. 582-3143.
• Blood pressure screening. 9-11 a.m. Faith Lutheran Church, Fourth Avenue and Cedar Street, Sequim. Free. 681-0103.
• Senior workout, bridge, walking group, 9 a.m., art with Judy Priest, and Spanish, 10 a.m., knitting and crocheting, 10:30 a.m., gentle yoga and chair exercise, 12:30-1:30 p.m., yoga, 2-3:30 p.m., karate, 6:30-8 p.m.; poetry group 7 p.m. third Monday. Sequim Senior Activity Center, 921 E. Hammond St., Sequim. 683-6806.
• Crafts, 10 a.m., SHIBA health insurance advice, 10 a.m.-noon, dominoes, 1 p.m., pingpong, 2-3:30 p.m., Middle Eastern dancers, 7-9 p.m. Blood pressure screening, 10 a.m.-noon; potluck, 11:30 a.m.; and bunco, 1 p.m. second and fourth Tuesdays, Sequim Senior Activity Center, 921 E. Hammond St., Sequim. 683-6806.
• Barstool bingo. 4-7 p.m. Oasis Sports Bar & Grill, 301 E. Washington St., Sequim. 582-3143.
Classes and Demonstrations
Wednesday Dec. 17
• Judy Tordini. "When to Act with Chest Discomfort." Noon-1 p.m. Second floor, cardiac services, OMC Medical Services Building, 840 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. Free. 417-7486.
• Sacred meditation healing, involving gentle touch or near touch of people's energy centers in a loving, devotional setting. One-hour slots available at 6 p.m. and 7 p.m. Offered on a love offering basis. Call Unity in the Olympics at 457-3981 to reserve a place.
Thursday Dec. 18
• Judy Tordini. "Heart Failure and Ejection Fraction: What Does It All Mean?" Noon-1 p.m. First floor, cardiac services, Olympic Memorial Hospital, 939 Caroline St, Port Angeles. Free. 417-7486.
• "Intuitive Development for Everyday Living." 6-8 p.m. seminar, 8-8:30 p.m. social time. Olympic Unitarian Universalist Fellowship Hall, 73 Howe Road, Port Angeles. Free, presented by Willow Pond Consulting.
• Infant and child CPR. 6-8:30 p.m. Olympic Peninsula chapter of American Red Cross, 151 Ruth's Place, 1D, Sequim. Preregistration and payment required prior to the day of class. $20. 457-7933.
Saturday, Dec. 20
• Adult CPR and standard first aid. 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Olympic Peninsula chapter of American Red Cross, 151 Ruth's Place, 1D, Sequim. Preregistration and payment required prior to the day of class. Adult CPR Review $20, standard first aid $20. 457-7933.
Monday, Dec. 22
• Adult CPR review, 6-8:30 p.m. Olympic Peninsula chapter of American Red Cross, 151 Ruth's Place, 1D, Sequim. $20, preregistration and payment required prior to the day of class, participants must have a current adult CPR card, expired within the last six months. 457-7933.
Monday, Dec. 23
• Pet first aid, 6-9 p.m. Olympic Peninsula chapter of American Red Cross, 151 Ruth's Place, 1D, Sequim. $25. preregistration and payment required prior to the day of class. 457-7933.
Monday Dec. 29
• Judy Tordini. "Make Those New Year's Resolutions to Improve Your BP & Cholesterol Naturally." Noon-1 p.m. Second floor, cardiac services, OMC Medical Services Building, 840 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 417-7486.
• Carol Janda. Watercolor classes for all levels. 9:30 a.m.-noon, first and third Wednesdays, Sequim Senior Activity Center, 921 E. Hammond St., Sequim; and second and fourth Wednesdays, 9:30 a.m.-noon. Art Studio, The Orchards on Fourteenth, Port Angeles. 452-6356.
• Sequim Martial Arts. Free karate lessons to people fighting cancer and cancer survivors. Low impact, purposeful motions for more energy and well-being. 10-11:15 a.m. Free, call Kathrin J. Sumpter at 683-4799 for location.
• Cardio-step classes. 9-10:30 a.m. Sequim Community Church, 950 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. $5 donation. 681-4988.
• Laura Murtha. Self-defense classes for adults and children, private lessons available. 7-8 p.m. Sequim Karate Club, 1600 Carlsborg Road, Sequim. Free. 452-5653.
• Busy Bees, early art exploratory for preschoolers. Wednesday mornings. Clallam County Family YMCA, 302 S. Francis St. Port Angeles. 452-9244.
• Strength and toning classes. 9-10 a.m. Sequim Community Church, 950 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. $5 donation. 681-4988.
• Circuit training classes. 9-10:30 a.m. Sequim Community Church, 950 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. $5 donation. 681-4988.
• Ongoing workshop integrating concepts from Eckhart Tolle's "A New Earth." 10:30 a.m.-noon. Call for location. Free. 582-0812.
• Free gardening, home maintenance classes. Contact Sequim Home Depot, 1145 W. Washington St., Sequim, for schedule. 582-1620.
• Cardio-step classes. 9-10:30 a.m. Sequim Community Church, 950 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. $5 donation. 681-4988.
• Knitting and crocheting classes. Projects include Christmas gifts. 10:30-11:45 a.m. Sequim Senior Activity Center, 921 E. Hammond St., Sequim. $3 per class for first four classes, $1 for each subsequent class. 683-4969.
• Belly dance classes for teens, adults and seniors. 7-9 p.m. Sequim Senior Activity Center, 921 E. Hammond St., Sequim. $4/class.
• After School Youth Art classes. Clallam County Family YMCA, 302 S. Francis St., Port Angeles. 452-9244.
• One-on-one digital workshops to teach individuals to use software on their computers - Adobe or Microsoft. By appointment, days or evenings, at LoBo Designs, 865 Carlsborg Road, Sequim. Call 582-1919.
Auditions, deadlines and volunteers
Ongoing volunteer opportunities
• Olympic Peninsula Red Cross chapter seeks volunteers to respond to local emergencies and people who want to work from home while helping servicemen and women and the Red Cross. 457-7933.
• American Red Cross is looking for volunteer instructors. Call for prerequisites and training dates. 457-7933 for Clallam County, 360-385-2737 for Jefferson County.
• Peninsula Men's Gospel Singers, an interdenominational, nonprofit men's gospel singing group from Sequim and Port Angeles, needs one or more first tenors to add to its group of approximately 16 singers. Audition and more information available at 582-1415.
• Museum and Arts Center has openings on its exhibit committee and needs museum docents. Exhibit committee meetings are 2-2:30 p.m. the first and third Thursday of the month. Museum docents are needed to work one Saturday a month from 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m. or 12:30 p.m.-3:30 p.m. 175 W. Cedar St., Sequim. 681-2257.
• Artists call to exhibit at no-commission gallery. Two- and three-dimensional works, poetry readings, musical presentations welcome. Workshop and studio space available. Reservations and information, call 582-0411.
• Sequim Dungeness Hospital Guild Thrift Shop seeks volunteers. 204 W. Bell St. 683-7044.
• Olympic Peninsula Men's Chorus seeks first and second tenors to sing and perform. Rehearsals 6 p.m. Tuesdays in Sequim. 683-3918.
• Habitat for Humanity of Clallam County is looking for volunteers, both skilled and interested in being trained on-site, in home construction skills. For a volunteer application, call 681-6780 or visit www.olypen.com/dvhfh.
• Volunteer drivers are needed for the Disabled American Veterans van, to transport an average of 30 veterans per week to the Veterans Administration Medical Center in Seattle for medical appointments. 457-5251.
The deadline for items appearing in this section is 5 p.m. Wednesday one week in advance of publication. News releases, photos, posters, playbills and other graphics may be mailed to P.O. Box 1750, Sequim WA 98382, delivered to the Sequim Gazette office or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Sequim Gazette is located at 147 W. Washington Street in Sequim.
Business hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Phone 360-683-3311, or toll free at 800-829-5810. FAX 360-683-6670.
For a complete company directory with contact information please click HERE.