The Live Bread Shoppe is one of multiple vendors selling products through Sequim Locally Grown.
Sequim Locally Grown is an online store that features food and products local to the North Olympic Peninsula.
Customers can log onto the Web site, select the products they wish to buy and pick up orders at a central distribution center.
Vendors can post products for sale and view what others are selling so that farmers complement rather than compete with each other.
Growers are encouraged to sign up whether they sell a few products or many, said Sid Maroney, founder. A one-time $40
fee is mandatory and can be paid upfront or taken out of sales.
Sequim Locally Grown is operated on a weekly schedule. Orders are taken from 8 a.m. Friday through 8 p.m. Tuesday and e-mailed with labels to the farmers.
Farmers, growers and producers then harvest, bag and label orders on Wednesday and Thursday and deliver orders to the Sequim Prairie Grange, 290 Macleay Road., at 4 p.m. Thursday.
Customers can pick up their orders between 4:30-6:30 p.m. Thursday.
Customers pay the farmer's price for products plus an
8-percent markup to support the market and pay Web site hosting fees. Farmers receive 95 percent of their asking value, with the remaining 5 percent going back into the market.
All products must be organic - that means no synthetic fertilizers or pesticides. Products must be peninsula-grown.
For more information, to place an order, or become a vendor, go online to http://sequim.locallygrown.net/.
A Port Angeles mercantile is available online at http://pa.locallygrown.net/.
The Sequim Gazette is located at 147 W. Washington Street in Sequim.
Business hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Phone 360-683-3311, or toll free at 800-829-5810. FAX 360-683-6670.
For a complete company directory with contact information please click HERE.