The Olympic Peninsula Wineries invite visitors to taste their handcrafted wines during the nine-day Lavender Wine Tour from Saturday, July 11, to Sunday, July 19.
Six artisan wineries in Port Townsend and Port Angeles will pour new and current releases in celebration of the region's agricultural heritage. Doors will be open from 11 a.m.-5 p.m. each day.
Those who drive the self-guided Lavender Wine Tour will enjoy wine paired with lavender in different ways.
• In Port Townsend, enjoy Sorensen Cellars' newly released 2008 Pinot Gris complemented with vanilla lavender shortbread. Then sample the 2003 Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot and Fireweed Mead at FairWinds Winery.
• Port Angeles' Black Diamond Winery will feature its Strawberry-Rhubarb wine.
• Olympic Cellars of Port Angeles will feature the Dungeness and La Dolce Vida series. Taste the 2007 Dungeness Red, the 2006 Cabernet Franc and a new Handyman Red. Two limited-edition wines will be featured, a lavender-infused Müller-Thurgau and Sparkling Twilight. Green Light Situation will perform 3-5 p.m. Saturday, July 11; Paul Chasman's One-Man Guitar Festival, 2:30-4:30 p.m. July 12.
• Camaraderie Cellars, Port Angeles, will feature new releases of Storm King Red and Lake Crescent White.
• Harbinger Winery will feature its latest Blackberry Bliss made with locally grown blackberries from Graysmarsh Farm. Northwest lavender cheeses from Rogue Creamery and Cyprus Grove will be available. The new Harbinger Brew House will offer its Adventure Trail Ale and Pillar Point Porter.
Tickets for the tour are available online or at any of the wineries for $25, including a commemorative glass and tastings. Visitors without tickets may taste at each winery for a small fee. For details, visit www.olympicpeninsulawineries.org or call 800-785-5495.
The Sequim Gazette is located at 147 W. Washington Street in Sequim.
Business hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Phone 360-683-3311, or toll free at 800-829-5810. FAX 360-683-6670.
For a complete company directory with contact information please click HERE.