Meetings are listed based on written notification to The Gazette. Listings can be sent to The Gazette through e-mail at email@example.com, faxed to 683-6670, mailed to P.O. Box 1750, Sequim WA 98382 or dropped off in our office at 147 W. Washington, Sequim. The deadline is Wednesday at 5 p.m. for the next week's edition. Please note new e-mail address.
• AA meetings. Various meeting times, locations each day. 452-4212. www.nopaa.org.
• Al-Anon. Various meeting times, locations. 452-6973.
• Boy Scouts of America. Various meeting times, locations for Cub Scout, Boy Scout and Venture Crew troops. 800-272-6865 or www.joinscouts.net.
• League of Women Voters. Various meeting times, locations. 681-3757.
• NA meetings. Numerous meetings in the county at various times each day. 477-9367.
• Weight Watchers. Numerous meetings in the county at various times each day. 800-651-6000.
Wednesday July 29
• Overeaters Anonymous. Men's meeting. 7-8 a.m. St. Luke's Episcopal Church, 525 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 582-9549.
• Sunbonnet Sue Quilt Club. 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Masonic Hall, 700 S. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 681-0795.
• Family Support Group. For families, friends and loved ones of persons with serious mental disorders. Noon-1:15 p.m. Peninsula Community Mental Health Center, 118 E. Eighth St., Port Angeles. 457-0431.
• Rotary Club of Sequim. Noon. Elks Lodge, 143 Port Williams Road, Sequim. 681-8539.
• Kiwanis Club of Sequim. Noon. Paradise Restaurant, 703 N. Sequim Ave., Sequim. 582-0022.
• Sequim Duplicate Bridge Club. 12:30 p.m. Masonic Hall, 700 S. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 582-0454 or 683-5635.
• Spanish Club. Conversation and study for intermediate Spanish students. 2 p.m. Prairie Springs Assisted Living, 680 W. Prairie St., Sequim. 683-1809.
• SNAP Voyagers. 3-5 p.m. Sequim Community School, 220 W. Alder St., Sequim. 681-8642.
• Knitting Group. Open to all skill levels, all fiber arts.
4:30-6 p.m. The Veela Café, 133 E. First St., Port Angeles. 452-5040.
• Overeaters Anonymous. 7-8 p.m. St. Luke's Episcopal Church, 525 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 681-7371.
• Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous. 7 p.m. Calvary Chapel of Sequim, 91 Boyce Road, Sequim. 452-1050. www.
Friday July 31
• Rotary Club of Sequim Sunrise. 7 a.m. SunLand Banquet Hall, 109 Hilltop Drive, Sequim. 681-8539.
• Sequim Duplicate Bridge Club. 12:30 p.m. Masonic Hall, 700 S. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 681-3090 or 683-5635.
• French Club. Advanced conversation and reading from
2 p.m. Call for location. 582-1334.
Saturday Aug. 1
• North Olympic Shuttle & Spindle Guild. 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Sequim Library, 630 N. Sequim Ave., Sequim 582-0697.
• Overeaters Anonymous. 10-11 a.m. St. Luke's Episcopal Church, 525 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 452-0227.
• Fleet Reserve Association. 11 a.m. Mariners Cafe, 707 E. Washington St., Sequim. 457-4683.
• Light Lunch. 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. St. Luke's Episcopal Church, 525 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. Free hot meals for those in need. 683-4862.
• Visually Impaired Persons of Sequim. 12:30-2 p.m. Chinese Garden, 271 S. Seventh Ave., Sequim. 457-1383.
Sunday Aug. 2
• Adult Scrabble. Beginners to experts, 1 p.m. The Buzz, 128 N. Sequim Ave., Sequim. 452-4423.
Monday Aug. 3
• Sequim Duplicate Bridge Club. 12:30 p.m. Masonic Hall, 700 S. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 681-3090 or 683-5635.
• Grief support group. 1 p.m., meets when there are enough people signed up. Trinity United Methodist Church, 100 Blake Ave., Sequim. 452-1511.
• Master Degree of Beta Sigma Phi. 1:30 p.m. Members' homes. 683-7907.
• Caregiver Support Group. 1:30-3 p.m. Senior Information Office, 411 W. Washington St., Sequim. 417-8554.
• Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous. 2 p.m. Calvary Chapel of Sequim, 91 Boyce Road, Sequim. 452-1050.
• Loose Threads Quilt Club. 5-8 p.m. First Presbyterian Church, 139 W. Eighth St., Port Angeles. 928-9744.
• Deaf Coffee House. 6-8 p.m. New location in portable building next to Sequim Community Church, 950 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. Gerileeg@aol.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Grand Olympic Chorus of Sweet Adelines International. 6:30-9 p.m. Sequim Bible Church, 847 N. Sequim Ave. 683-0141 or 360-385-4680.
• Eagles Lodge. 7 p.m. 110 S. Penn St., Port Angeles. 452-3344.
• Sequim City Band. 7 p.m. James Center for the Performing Arts, 563 N. Rhodefer Road, Sequim. 683-4896.
• Couples Connection through Dialogue group. 4:30-5:30 p.m. Call 360-623-5158.
Tuesday Aug. 4
• Exchange Club of Port Angeles. 7:30 a.m. CrabHouse, 221 N. Lincoln St., Port Angeles. 417-5188 or 452-4554.
• Sequim Republican Club. 8 a.m. Tarcisio's, 609 W. Washington St., Sequim. 417-3035.
• Newcomers' Club. Annual potluck picnic. 10 a.m-3 p.m. Salt Creek County Park, 3506 Camp Hayden Road, Port Angeles. 360-452-4839.
• Sequim Aglow Community Lighthouse. Shirley Hall speaks about "The How-To of Holiness." 10 a.m.-noon. Trinity United Methodist Church, 100 Blake Ave., Sequim. $4 suggested donation for breakfast buffet. Baby-sitting available upon request. 582-0518.
• Dungeness Bonsai Society. 10 a.m. Pioneer Memorial Park clubhouse, 387 E. Washington St., Sequim. 360-698-9101.
• Lincoln Heights Garden Club. Noon. Scandia Hall, 131 W. Fifth St., Port Angeles. 457-8678 or 452-4047.
• Overeaters Anonymous. Noon-1 p.m. St. Luke's Episcopal Church, 525 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 582-9549.
• French Club. Beginners from 1-2 p.m., intermediates from 2-3:30 p.m. Prairie Springs Assisted Living, 680 W. Prairie St., Sequim. 582-1334.
• Knitting Circle. All ages and skill levels. 1:30-3:30 p.m. First Step Family Support Center, 325 E. Sixth St., Port Angeles. 457-8355.
• Sequim Bereavement Group. 1:30-3 p.m. Assured Hospice office, 24 Lee Chatfield Ave., Sequim. 582-3796 or 582-0337.
• Haywire. Classic rock and upbeat country music. 7 p.m. Olympic Cellars' Summer Concert Series. 255410 Highway 101, Port Angeles. www.olympiccellars.com or 452-0160.
• The Drive. Rock and roll. 9:30 p.m.-1 a.m. Oasis Sports Bar & Grill, 301 E. Washington St., Sequim. 582-3143.
Saturdays-Sundays through Sept. 6
• Olympic Music Festival. Quilcene. 2 p.m. Classical music every Saturday and Sunday; no pets allowed. See www.olympic musicfestival.org, e-mail email@example.com or 360-732-4800 for tickets and reserved seating.
Sundays through Aug. 30
• Port Townsend Summer Band Concerts. 360-344-3658 or ptsummerband.org.
• Open mike. 6:30-9:30 p.m., sign-up begins 6:30 p.m. The Buzz, 130 N. Sequim Ave. Sequim. Free. 683-2503.
• Karaoke. 9 p.m.-1 a.m. Oasis Sports Bar & Grill, 301 E. Washington St., Sequim. 582-3143.
• OB1 DJ "Owen Blake." 9 p.m.-1 a.m. Oasis Sports Bar & Grill, 301 E. Washington St., Sequim. 582-3143.
Saturday Aug. 1
• Reception for Gallery 9 August show, "Core Heat" with multimedia artists Cynthia Thomas, bronze sculptures, paintings and pastels; and Nancy Rody: stained glass and jewelry. 5:30 p.m. 1012 Water St., Port Townsend. 360-379-8881.
Through Aug. 2
• Jeffrey Tocher. Waterfront Gallery, 120 W. First St., Port Angeles. 452-8165.
Friday Aug. 7
• First Friday Art Walk Sequim, free self-guided tour of galleries, studios, the Museum and Arts Center and other venues. 5-8 p.m. Features original visual, musical, performance, literary, culinary and decorative talents. All ages welcome. Visit www.sequimartwalk.com or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
July featured artists
• Maria Loe, pottery, and Ron Carlson, photography. Blue Whole Gallery, 129 W. Washington St., Sequim. 681-6033.
• Catherine Mix. Sequim Museum and Arts Center, 175 W. Cedar St., Sequim. 683-8110.
• Robert Lee, watercolors. Strait Financial Advice, 193 W. Cedar St., Sequim.
• Ruth McNicholas, acrylics and watercolors. July and August. KeyBank, 120 N. Dunlap Ave., Sequim.
• Jessica Spisak. The Gallery at the Fifth, 500 W. Hendrickson Road, Sequim.
• Clallam County Historical Society exhibit, "Home Sweet Home." 20th century artifacts. Lower gallery, Museum at the Carnegie, 205 S. Lincoln St., Port Angeles. 452-6779.
• Art Outside's 10th season. New works by 20 artists along trail in Webster's Woods. Port Angeles Fine Arts Center, 1203 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles. Free. 457-3532.
• Port Angeles Light Opera Association. "Peter Pan." 7:30 p.m. July 30-Aug. 1. Port Angeles High School auditorium, 304 E. Park St., Port Angeles. www.paloa.org or 452-8299.
Saturday-Sunday Aug. 1-2
• "When Shakespeare's Ladies Meet." One-act play by Charles George followed by wine and cheese reception. 7 p.m. Aug. 1; 3 p.m. Aug. 2. St. Luke's Episcopal Church, 525 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. $10, for building fund. 683-4862.
• Third annual Olympic Volks Fair car show and swap meet. 10 a.m.-2 p.m. 7 Cedars Casino, 270756 Highway 101, Sequim. Free admission, $15 per swap space for swap meet, raffle proceeds benefit Operation Uplift. 477-5556.
Thursday-Friday Aug. 6-7
• Sequim Senior Activity Center's fourth annual benefit sale. Call the center about items to be accepted July 30 for the sale. Proceeds support the center and scholarships. 683-6806.
Friday-Sunday Aug. 7-9
• Hurricane Ridge Kennel Club Summer Agility Trials. 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Carrie Blake Park, Sequim. 681-3707.
Saturday Aug. 8
• Sequim Open Aire Market. Locally grown food, farm products, plants, flowers, art and handcrafted items. 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Cedar Street in downtown Sequim. www.sequimmarket.com.
• Forks Family Festival. 10 a.m. in downtown Forks. Family festival with food vendors, arts and crafts, entertainment. www.forkswa.com.
Saturday-Sunday Aug. 8-9
• Port Angeles Heritage Weekend. 10 a.m. Downtown Port Angeles. Guided walking tours of historical downtown Port Angeles, tours of Elwha Dam. Registration in the atrium of The Landing mall, 115 E. Railroad Ave. 360-460-1001 or email@example.com.
First and second Saturday, third Wednesday
• Port Angeles Fine Arts Center director Jake Seniuk leads Art Ranger Tours through Webster's Woods. 10 a.m. first Saturday; 3 p.m. second Saturday; 2 p.m. third Wednesday. Port Angeles Fine Arts Center, 1203 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles. Free. 457-3532.
• Bird walks at the Dungeness River Audubon Center's lower Dungeness riparian forest. 8:30-10:30 a.m. Railroad Bridge Park, 2151 W. Hendrickson Road, Sequim. 681-4076.
• Blood pressure checks. 9 a.m.-noon. Second floor, Cardiac Services, Olympic Medical Services Building, 840 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 417-7486.
• Bridge at the Sequim Senior Activity Center. 1 p.m. All playing skill levels welcome. Other activities: senior workout, 9 a.m.; seniorcise, 11 a.m.-noon. 921 E. Hammond St., Sequim. 683-6806.
• Master Gardeners Woodcock Demonstration Garden work party. 9 a.m.-noon. 2711 Woodcock Road, Sequim. Master Gardeners explain tasks and home garden applications.
• Washington State University Extension Master Gardeners Sequim plant clinic. 10 a.m.-2 p.m. The Co-Op Farm & Garden Center, 216 E. Washington St., Sequim.
• Texas hold 'em poker. 2 p.m. Oasis Sports Bar & Grill, 301 E. Washington St., Sequim. 582-3143.
• Washington State University Extension Master Gardeners Port Angeles plant clinic. 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Clallam County Courthouse, 223 E. Fourth St., Port Angeles.
• Blood pressure screening. 9-11 a.m. Faith Lutheran Church, Fourth Avenue and Cedar Street, Sequim. Free. 681-0103.
• Pilates, 7:45-8:45 a.m.; senior workout, bridge, walking group, 9 a.m.; art with Judy Priest, 10 a.m.; knitting and crocheting, 10:30 a.m.; seniorcise, 11 a.m.; gentle yoga and chair exercise, 12:30-1:30 p.m.; yoga, 2-3:45 p.m. Sequim Senior Activity Center, 921 E. Hammond St., Sequim. 683-6806.
• Crafts, 10 a.m.,; SHIBA health insurance advice, 10 a.m.-noon; dominoes, 1 p.m.; pingpong, 1-3 p.m.; Middle Eastern dancers, 7-9 p.m.; blood pressure screening, 10 a.m.-noon second and fourth Tuesdays; potluck, 11:30 a.m.; and bunco, 1 p.m. second Tuesdays, Sequim Senior Activity Center, 921 E. Hammond St., Sequim. 683-6806.
• Master Gardeners Robin Hill Demonstration Garden work party. Master Gardeners explain tasks and applicability in home gardens. 10 a.m.-noon. Robin Hill Farm Park, off Dryke Road north of U.S. Highway 101, between Sequim and Port Angeles.
Thursday July 30
• "Tips on Keeping All 4 Heart Functions (Blood Supply, Valves, Rhythm and Muscle) Healthy." Judy Tordini, cardiology program director. 10:30 a.m. Second floor conference room, Medical Services Building, 840 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 417-7486.
Tuesday Aug. 4
• "What is The Best Type of Exercise?" Leonard Anderson, pulmonary rehabilitation coordinator. 11 a.m. First floor east, McCarter Room, Olympic Medical Center, 939 Caroline St., Port Angeles. 417-7486.
Wednesday-Friday Aug. 5-7
• First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor Training. Fundamentals of Instructor Training, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Aug. 5, course introduction/orientation, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Aug. 6, Practice teaching II and III, final written examination, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Aug. 7. Self-study manual and pre-course test must be completed before attending the first day of class. 151 Ruth's Place, 1D, Sequim. 457-7933.
Thursday Aug. 6
• "The Link of Diabetes and Heart Disease, What Is It?" Judy Tordini, cardiology program director. 10 a.m. Second floor conference room, Medical Services Building, 840 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 417-7486.
• Cooking demonstrations, classes, The Sauer Kraut German Deli, Bakery & Café, 10181 Old Olympic Highway, Sequim. $35. 582-1400 or www.thesauerkraut.com.
• High energy cardio-step, strength and toning, and circuit training classes with Shelley Haupt, 477-2409.
• Watercolor classes for all levels, 452-6356.
• Italian classes, 460-4576.
• Self-defense classes for adults and children, 452-5653.
• Ongoing workshop from Eckhart Tolle's "A New Earth," 582-0812.
• Knitting and crocheting classes, 683-4969.
• German classes, 417-0111.
• Classes on nutritional cleansing, nutrition and weight loss, 681-2414.
• Belly dance classes for teens, adults and seniors, 683-6806.
Through Aug. 10
• Port Townsend, Washington Arts Commission and Northwind Arts Alliance's "Expressions Northwest" receive submissions for 11th annual Art Port Townsend Juried Art Competition Oct. 2-Nov. 1 in Port Townsend. Artists must be at least 16 years of age and a resident of Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Alaska or British Columbia. Works in both two- and three-dimensional forms, including photography, are eligible. $35 nonrefundable entry fee, maximum of three digital or printed image entries. www.artporttownsend.org, www.northwindarts.org. 360-379-3025 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Waterfront Art Gallery is accepting co-op membership applications. 120 W. First St., Port Angeles. 452-8165, email@example.com, or 457-4324.
• Blue Whole Gallery is accepting applications for new art ists. Visit 129 W. Washington St., Sequim, or call 681-6033.
• Port Angeles Fine Arts Center needs docents. A three-hour commitment per month and attendance at docent meetings and training sessions are required. An arts background is not necessary. Port Angeles Fine Arts Center, 1203 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles. 683-6339 or 452-7745.
• Peninsula Trails Coalition work parties continue construction of the Olympic Discovery Trail east of the tribal center in Blyn. Lunch will be provided for those who call ahead. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 681-3068.
• The Sequim Irrigation Festival committee is searching for a new float construction chair as well as a float designer for the upcoming festival year. For information, contact Joe Borden at 683-3408 or via e-mail email@example.com.
The deadline for items appearing in this section is 5 p.m. Wednesday one week in advance of publication. News releases, photos, posters, playbills and other graphics may be mailed to P.O. Box 1750, Sequim WA 98382, delivered to the Sequim Gazette office or e-mailed to donnam@sequim gazette.com, faxed to 683-6670, mailed to P.O. Box 1750, Sequim WA 98382 or dropped off in our office at 147 W. Washington, Sequim. The deadline is Wednesday at 5 p.m. for the next week's edition.
The Sequim Gazette is located at 147 W. Washington Street in Sequim.
Business hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Phone 360-683-3311, or toll free at 800-829-5810. FAX 360-683-6670.
For a complete company directory with contact information please click HERE.