A shed caught fire near Old Olympic Highway on Thursday afternoon.
Clallam County Fire District 3 reported to 32 Fitzgerald Road at 2:20 p.m. to find the shed fully involved with fire.
It was destroyed and a nearby van was damaged.
On scene, a man was given oxygen due to minor smoke inhalation but was not transported to the hospital. The American Red Cross Olympic Peninsula Chapter was called to assist a female who was reportedly living out of the van. The van and property were reported to have insurance.
Fire officials report the cause of the fire was determined to be discarded ashes and was ruled accidental in nature.
They recommend residents mix water with ash from barbecues and recreational fires until they are cool to the touch. Cool ash should be disposed of in noncombustible containers and away from combustible materials.