Sequim Applebee's (130 River Road) helps the Parenting Matters Foundation.
With a coupon, 15 percent of one's bill - minus tax, alcohol and gratuity charges - between 10 a.m.-1 p.m. that Saturday goes to the First Teacher and Parenting Matters group.
For more information, call 582-3428.
Grange awards 3 scholarships
Sequim Prairie Grange No. 1108 awarded three scholarships to local students for the 2010-2011 school year.
• Maranda Wilson of Sequim. Wilson, a senior at Sequim High School, plans to attend Peninsula College to study nursing or psychology. Grange member Betty Brooks is Wilson's grandmother.
• Tyler Grimsley of Port Angeles. Grimsley is continuing his education at Eastern Washington University where he is pursuing an engineering degree. Grange member Richard Grimsley is his Tyler's grandfather.
• Amanda Schmidt of Othello. Schmidt, a senior at Othello High School, plans to attend Columbia Basin College to major in veterinary technology. Schmidt's great-grandmother Esther Heuhslein Nelson, is a grange member.
Sequim puts 11 on WSU honor roll
Eleven former Sequim students were named to the Washington State University honor roll for spring semester.
They are Stacia Bibler, Rosalynd Billes, Jaysa Hill, Valerye Huff, Auren O'Connell, Michael Olson, Reed Omdal, Jane Rynearson, Ryan Scott, Bryan Varner and Kori Winnop.
Students earn honor roll status by either earning a 3.50 grade-point average with 15 credit hours or a 3.75 GPA with at least nine credit hours.
Class of 2000 reunion set
The Sequim High School class of 2000 10-year reunion is slated for June 25-27.
Activities are listed below. For more information or to RSVP, e-mail to email@example.com.
• Friday, June 25
Social evening, 8:30 p.m., Club Seven at 7 Cedars Casino, 270756 Highway 101
• Saturday, June 26
Formal dinner, 6 p.m., Sunland Golf Course & Country Club ($40 per person, RSVP required), 109 Hilltop Drive
• Sunday, June 27
Picnic, 11 a.m., Carrie Blake Park (pack your own picnic)
Billes up for award
Sequim Middle School teacher Tricia Billes is one of eight finalists for the national PBS Teacher of Merit Award at National History Day.
The winner is announced Thursday, June 17, during the awards ceremony.
4-H group awards scholarships
Clallam County 4-H Leaders' Council awarded scholarships to the following graduating seniors:
• Alicia Aunspach, planning to attend Peninsula College
• Jodi Chamberlin, planning to attend Pacific Lutheran University with a major in elementary education and a minor in music
• Darian Rentas, planning to attend Montana State University with a major in equine science
• Kendra Zellar, undecided
The scholarship is open to all 4-H graduating members who apply.
Sequim band, flag team host fundraising car washes
Sequim High School band and flag team is having three car washes this summer to raise money for upcoming trips.
The car wash dates are June 19, July 31 and Aug. 21.
All car washes from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. near Tarcisio Italian Place, 609 W. Washington St.