The top team at the Dungeness Lady Niners’ annual invitational include (from left) captain Debbie Kahle (The Cedars at Dungeness), Lucy Stone (Port Ludlow), Gloria Carlson (Lake Cushman) and Kitty Gross (Cedars). Submitted photo
On July 22, there was a buzz in the air - not bees in lavender - as The Cedars at Dungeness Lady Niners began its putting and chipping contest and the start of their yearly invitational.
More than 70 players representing seven different golf clubs made up the field as locals and out-of-town golfers vied for contest wins.
The tourney theme this year was "jokers wild." Guests were welcomed at sign-in with a light brunch to get them revved up to play.
Competition winners include:
• Putting contest - Evie Campbell, Lake Cushman Golf Club
• Pitching contest - Bev Boucher, Port Ludlow Golf Club who won it with a hole in one!
• Most accurate drive - Linda Sund, Lake Cushman Golf Club
• Closest to pin - First division: Lucy Stone, Port Townsend (hole No. 4); Second division: Sandy Granger, Peninsula (hole No. 8)
• Team standings:
1. Gloria Carlson (Lake Cushman), Kitty Gross (The Cedars at Dungeness), Debbie Kahle (Cedars) and Lucy Stone (Port Ludlow), 29
2. Shari Miller (Cedars), Mary Murphy (Peninsula), Winnie Palm (Cedars) and Bonnie Whyte (Port Townsend), 31
3. Lillian Gomes (Cedars), Kathy Snider (Port Ludlow), Jan Stromberger (Cedars) and Linda Sund (Lake Cushman), 31
Niners play Thursdays
The Cedars At Dungeness Niners are golfers of all skill levels who meet each Thursday to play nine holes. The Niners' purpose is to promote the game of golf and to foster friendship among its members.
Those interested in joining the Niners for fun and development of one's game may call the Cedars At Dungeness pro shop at 683-6344 for tee times.