Get outside and paint with PAFAC’s Paint the Peninsula Festival.
The nonprofit Port Angeles Fine Arts Center, 1203 E. Lauridsen Blvd., sponsors painters from novice to professional in plein air painting during its Paint the Peninsula Festival in August and September.
• Aug. 17-Sept. 4: Community Plein Air contest. In this free contest open to all ages and abilities, PAFAC provides the supplies to get the whole family outside and painting. The community votes for “People’s Choice,” to be awarded at a Plein Air Festival on Sunday, Sept. 8.
• Sept. 4-8: Plein Air Competition. Participating artists paint for three days, after which the best pieces will be juried for cash awards by nationally known artist Ned Mueller.
• Sept. 7: Soirée de Gala & Gallery Preview. An evening of art, wine and gourmet hors d’oeuvres and desserts, with first opportunity to purchase from the winning plein-air paintings from the week’s competition.
• Sept. 8: Plein Air Festival. View award-winning paintings, browse artists’ booths, see artists complete in a live “quick draw” and let the children enjoy art activities.
• Sept. 9-11: Plein Air Classes with Ned Mueller, competition juror.
Details of all these programs are at www.paintthepeninsula.org or call 457-3532.