• Washington Old Time Fiddlers all-player jam 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., performance 1:30-3:30 p.m. Fairview Grange, Lake Farm Road and U.S. Highway 101, Port Angeles. Free. 417-6950, or email@example.com.
• Fat Chance. Classic rock. 9 p.m.-1 a.m. Oasis Sports Bar & Grill, 301 E. Washington St., Sequim. 582-3143.
• Open mic. 6:30-9:30 p.m., sign-up begins 6:30 p.m. The Buzz, 130 N. Sequim Ave. Sequim. Free. 683-2503.
• Open mic. 7 p.m. The Upstage Theatre and Restaurant, 923 Washington St., Port Townsend. 360-385-2216.
• Karaoke with Big Dog. 9 p.m.-1 a.m. Oasis Sports Bar & Grill, 301 E. Washington St., Sequim. 582-3143.
• TBA 6-10 p.m.; Karaoke with Big Dog, 10 p.m.-1 a.m. Oasis Sports Bar & Grill, 301 E. Washington St., Sequim. 582-3143.
• Open mic. 7 p.m. The Itty Bitty Buzz, 110 E. First St., Port Angeles. Free. 565-8080.
• Jess Doenges. 5-7 p.m. Rick's Place, 102 W. Front St., Port Angeles. 452-8683.
• Informal jam session, bring guitar, voice, other instruments and friends. 7-9:30 p.m. The Veela Cafe, 133 E. First St., Port Angeles. 452-5040.
Saturday Dec. 13
• Olympic Art Festival. Demonstrations and artworks including wreaths, hand-forged home decor, scroll saw nature scenes, photography, turned bowls, jewelry, bronze sculptures, watercolors and painted saws and mirrors. Entertainment includes multi-octave diva Shirley Smith-Moore. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Olympic Art Gallery, 40 Washington St., Quilcene. 360-765-0200.
• Gift gallery at Blue Whole Gallery, small, less expensive works of art by gallery artists. Through December. 129 W. Washington St., Sequim. 681-6033.
• Linda Vliet, December featured artist, painted saws and mirrors. Olympic Art Gallery, 40 Washington St., Quilcene. 360-765-0200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• "Hats of Yesteryear" and "Natural Material/Material Nature" juried fiber arts exhibit. Through Dec. 19. Sequim Museum and Arts Center, 175 W. Cedar St., Sequim. 683-8110.
• Sequim Arts member Donna Standerwick's works in oils and watercolors, "Road into Winter." Through Dec. 30. Key Bank, Dunlap Avenue at East Washington Street, Sequim. 452-3072.
• Art is a Gift holiday market. Original paintings, prints, jewelry, ceramics, glass, photography, wearables, ornaments, CDs and more. 10 a.m.-4 p.m.. Wednesday-Sunday through Jan. 4. Port Angeles Fine Art Center, 1203 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles. A portion of proceeds from each sale goes to support the art museum. www.pafac.org.
• "The History of the Olympic Peninsula Including the Future." Egg tempera paintings and enamel paintings on galvanized steel. Noon-9 p.m. Jack Gunter Gallery at The Landing mall, 115 E. Railroad Ave., Port Angeles. 457-6449.
• Ninth season of "Art Outside" includes new works by 20 artists. Webster's Woods Art Park, 1203 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles. Open daylight hours year-round. 457-3532.
• "Strong People: The Faces of Clallam County," county history. "Signs of the Time" celebrates the 60th anniversary of the Historical Society with artifacts and art from 18 county artists. 1-4 p.m. Wednesday-Saturday. Clallam County Historical Society Museum at the Carnegie, Second and Lincoln streets, Port Angeles. 452-2662.
• Works of John Barrett, Doris Norton, L. Lehr, Karin Anderson, Mary Marsh, Randy Radock and Sallie Radock. 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Mondays-Fridays, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturdays. Classic Custom Floors Showroom, 190 Center Park Way, Sequim. 683-8500.
Friday-Sunday Dec. 12-14
• A musical comedy based on the children's tale "Peter and the Wolf." 7:30 p.m. and 2 p.m. Sequim Masonic Hall, 700 S. Fifth Ave., Sequim. Adults, $15, students $8, children under 10, $2, available at Pacific Mist Books or Sequim Village Glass in Sequim, and Odyssey Books in Port Angeles. 683-7326.
• "Voices of Christmas" compiled and directed by Cherie Trebon. Music, verse and story weave a tapestry of Christmas remembrances. Second Stage, Port Angeles Community Players, 1235 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles. Admission by donation at the door. 452-6651.
• Line dance lessons for high beginner, intermediate and advanced dancers. 9-11 a.m. Pioneer Memorial Park clubhouse, 387 E. Washington St., Sequim. $5 per week. 681-2987.
• Western line dancing lessons. High beginner, intermediate and advanced. 9-11 a.m. Sequim Elks Lodge, 143 Port Williams Road,
Sequim. $3 per week. 681-2826.
• Western line dancing classes. Beginner, 10-11:30 a.m. Sequim Elks Lodge, 143 Port Williams Road, Sequim. $3 per week. 681-2826.
• Hula dance classes for teens, adults and seniors. 10-11 a.m. Sequim Senior Activity Center, 921 E. Hammond St., Sequim. $5 per class, $3 for senior center members. 253-288-0450.
• Port Angeles Senior Swingers dance with Wally and the Boys. 7:30-9:30 p.m. Port Angeles Senior Center, 328 E. Seventh St., Port Angeles. Suggested donation $4, first visit free. 457-5472.
Saturday Dec. 13
• Christmas Lane Fair, a holiday bazaar featuring more than 30 local crafters. 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Trinity United Methodist Church, 100 S. Blake Ave., Sequim. 683-5367.
• Santa visit and photos. Noon-1:30 p.m. Cedarbrook Lavender & Herb Farm, 1345 S. Sequim Ave., Sequim. 683-7733 or 800-470-8423.
• Santa by the Pond. Candy canes, cocoa and a display of lights. Cameras and wish lists welcome. 3-5 p.m. Vision Landscape Nursery, 131 Kitchen Dick Road, Sequim. 683-2855.
• Loraine Claire, harpist, performs for a candlelight holiday evening of harp music and wine. 6:30 p.m. Damiana's Best Cellars, 143 W. Washington St., Sequim. 683-7697.
Saturday-Sunday Dec. 13-14
• Christmas Tea at the Old Dungeness Schoolhouse. Music, Santa's Bake Shoppe, a classroom exhibit and Reader's Theatre Plus reading Christmas stories to children in the south classroom. Handicap accessible to the second floor with stair lift. 11 a.m.-3 p.m., 2781 Towne Road. Free, donations accepted, proceeds help preserve the landmark. 683-4270.
Monday Dec. 15
• Sequim-Dungeness Christmas Bird Count. All day, official tally and annual chili feed for counters at 5 p.m. $5 per person. Dungeness River Audubon Center, 2151 W. Hendrickson Road, Sequim. Call Bob Boekelheide at 681-4076 to sign up for the count.
Friday Dec. 19
• Wine tasting features Christina James Winery from Port Townsend. 5:30-7:30 p.m. Damiana's Best Cellars, 143 W. Washington St., Sequim. $10. 683-7697.
Friday-Sunday Dec. 19-21
• Readers Theatre Plus radio version of "It's A Wonderful Life." Seasonal songs will be led and sung before and during intermission. 7:30 p.m. Dec. 19; 2 and 7:30 p.m. Dec. 20 at The Old Dungeness Schoolhouse, 2781 Towne Road, Sequim, and 2 p.m. Dec. 21 at The Port Angeles Community Playhouse, 1235 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles. $10 per person at the door, proceeds benefit Sew Much Comfort, a volunteer organization that makes adaptive clothing for wounded soldiers. 888-762-1764.
Saturday Dec. 20
• Santa by the Pond. Candy canes, cocoa and a display of lights. Cameras and wish lists welcome. 3-5 p.m. Vision Landscape Nursery, 131 Kitchen-Dick Road, Sequim. 683-2855.
Wednesdays-Saturdays through Dec. 20
• Holiday wreath-making at McComb Gardens. Wreath rings, crimping machine, preservative spray, cider and fudge provided in heated greenhouse. Fee depends on size of ring, customer brings a garbage can full of greens for wreath. McComb Gardens, 751 McComb Road, Sequim. Reservations required. 681-2827.
Through Dec. 23
• "Holiday in the Garden" art show and sale. 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday. Vision Landscape Nursery, 131 Kitchen Dick Road, between Sequim and Port Angeles. 683-2855.
• Bird walks at Dungeness River Audubon Center's lower Dungeness riparian forest. 8:30-10:30 a.m. Railroad Bridge Park. 2151 W. Hendrickson Road, Sequim. 681-4076.
• Blood pressure checks. 9 a.m.-noon. Second floor, Cardiac Services, Olympic Medical Services Building, 840 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 417-7486.
• Bridge at the Sequim Senior Activity Center. 1 p.m. All playing skill levels welcome. Other activities: senior workout, 9 a.m.; glee club, 10 a.m.; Wii video games, 3:15-4:45 p.m. 921 E. Hammond St., Sequim. 683-6806.
• Texas hold 'em poker. 2 p.m. Oasis Sports Bar & Grill, 301 E. Washington St., Sequim. 582-3143.
• Blood pressure screening. 9-11 a.m. Faith Lutheran Church, Fourth Avenue and Cedar Street, Sequim. Free. 681-0103.
• Senior workout, bridge, walking group, 9 a.m., art with Judy Priest, and Spanish, 10 a.m., knitting and crocheting, 10:30 a.m., gentle yoga and chair exercise, 12:30-1:30 p.m., yoga, 2-3:30 p.m., karate, 6:30-8 p.m.; poetry group 7 p.m. third Monday. Sequim Senior Activity Center, 921 E. Hammond St., Sequim. 683-6806.
• Crafts, 10 a.m., SHIBA health insurance advice, 10 a.m.-noon, dominoes, 1 p.m., pingpong, 2-3:30 p.m., Middle Eastern dancers, 7-9 p.m. Blood pressure screening, 10 a.m.-noon; potluck, 11:30 a.m.; and bunco, 1 p.m. second and fourth Tuesdays, Sequim Senior Activity Center, 921 E. Hammond St., Sequim. 683-6806.
• Barstool bingo. 4-7 p.m. Oasis Sports Bar & Grill, 301 E. Washington St., Sequim. 582-3143.
Wednesday Dec. 10
• Leonard Anderson. "Cardiovascular Exercise: The Cornerstone of Health." Noon-1 p.m. Second floor, cardiac services, OMC Medical Services Building, 840 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. Free. 417-7486.
Thursday, Dec. 11
• Willow Pond meditation class. Call 681-4411 or e-mail
email@example.com to preregister and to receive location/time information. Free.
• Open studio for serious artists. 9:30 a.m.-noon, second and third Thursdays of the month. Carlsborg Conference Center, 865 Carlsborg Road, Suite E. 681-0895.
Saturday Dec. 13
• Babysitters training. 9 a.m.-4 p.m. 151 Ruth's Place, 1D, Sequim. $30, preregistration and payment is required prior to the day of class. 457-7933.
• Holiday wreath class and luncheon. 9 a.m.-noon, luncheon at noon. Cedarbrook Lavender & Herb Farm, 1345 S. Sequim Ave.,
Sequim. $55 class, $75 class and luncheon. 683-7733 or 800-470-8423.
• Santa's Workshop for ages 5-12. Four projects to choose from. Gift wrapping included, but no peeking allowed! 10 a.m.-noon. Clallam County Family YMCA, 302 S. Francis St., Port Angeles. $5 per project, register by Dec. 10. 452-9244.
Sunday Dec. 14
• Cookie exchange and recipe book, Dec. 14. 2-4 p.m. Clallam County Family YMCA, 302 S. Francis St., Port Angeles. Ages 14 through adult. Register by Dec. 10. 452-9244.
Monday, Dec. 15
• Adult CPR. 6-10 p.m. Olympic Peninsula chapter of American Red Cross, 151 Ruth's Place, 1D, Sequim. Pre-registration and payment is required prior to the day of class. $25. 457-7933.
Tuesday, Dec. 16
• Standard first aid. 6-8:30 p.m. Olympic Peninsula chapter of American Red Cross, 151 Ruth's Place, 1D, Sequim. Pre-registration and payment is required prior to the day of class. $20. 457-7933.
Wednesday Dec. 17
• Judy Tordini. "When to Act with Chest Discomfort." Noon-1 p.m. Second floor, cardiac services, OMC Medical Services Building, 840 N. 5th Ave., Sequim. Free. 417-7486.
Thursday Dec. 18
• Judy Tordini. "Heart Failure and Ejection Fraction: What Does It All Mean?" Noon-1 p.m. First floor, cardiac services, Olympic Memorial Hospital, 939 Caroline St, Port Angeles. Free. 417-7486.
• "Intuitive Development for Everyday Living." 6-8 p.m. seminar, 8-8:30 p.m. social time. Olympic Unitarian Universalist Fellowship Hall, 73 Howe Road, Port Angeles. Free, presented by Willow Pond Consulting.
• Infant and child CPR. 6-8:30 p.m. Olympic Peninsula chapter of American Red Cross, 151 Ruth's Place, 1D, Sequim. Preregistration and payment required prior to the day of class. $20. 457-7933.
Saturday, Dec. 20
• Adult CPR and standard first aid. 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Olympic Peninsula chapter of American Red Cross, 151 Ruth's Place, 1D, Sequim. Preregistration and payment required prior to the day of class. Adult CPR Review $20, standard first aid $20. 457-7933.
Monday, Dec. 22 and later
• Adult CPR review, 6-8:30 p.m. Dec. 22; pet first aid, 6-9 p.m. Dec. 23. Various fees. Olympic Peninsula chapter of American Red Cross, 151 Ruth's Place, 1D, Sequim. Preregistration and payment required prior to the day of class. 457-7933.
Monday Dec. 29
• Judy Tordini. "Make Those New Years Resolutions to Improve Your BP & Cholesterol Naturally." Noon-1 p.m. Second floor, cardiac services, OMC Medical Services Building, 840 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 417-7486.
• Carol Janda. Watercolor classes for all levels. 9:30 a.m.-noon, first and third Wednesdays, Sequim Senior Activity Center, 921 E. Hammond St., Sequim; and second and fourth Wednesdays, 9:30 a.m.-noon. Art Studio, The Orchards on Fourteenth, Port Angeles. 452-6356.
• Sequim Martial Arts. Free karate lessons to people fighting cancer and cancer survivors. Low impact, purposeful motions for more energy and well-being. 10-11:15 a.m. Free, call Kathrin J. Sumpter at 683-4799 for location.
• Cardio-step classes. 9-10:30 a.m. Sequim Community Church, 950 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. $5 donation. 681-4988.
• Laura Murtha. Self-defense classes for adults and children, private lessons available. 7-8 p.m. Sequim Karate Club, 1600 Carlsborg Road, Sequim. Free. 452-5653.
• Busy Bees, an early art exploratory for preschoolers. Wednesday mornings. Clallam County Family YMCA, 302 S. Francis St. Port Angeles. 452-9244.
• Strength and toning classes. 9-10 a.m. Sequim Community Church, 950 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. $5 donation. 681-4988.
• Circuit training classes. 9-10:30 a.m. Sequim Community Church, 950 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. $5 donation. 681-4988.
• Ongoing workshop integrating concepts from Eckhart Tolle's "A New Earth." 10:30 a.m.-noon. Call for location. Free. 582-0812.
• Free gardening, home maintenance classes. Contact Sequim Home Depot, 1145 W. Washington St., Sequim, for schedule. 582-1620.
• Cardio-step classes. 9-10:30 a.m. Sequim Community Church, 950 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. $5 donation. 681-4988.
• Knitting and crocheting classes. Projects include Christmas gifts. 10:30-11:45 a.m. Sequim Senior Activity Center, 921 E. Hammond St., Sequim. $3 per class for first four classes, $1 for each subsequent class. 683-4969.
• Belly dance classes for teens, adults and seniors. 7-9 p.m. Sequim Senior Activity Center, 921 E. Hammond St., Sequim. $4/class.
• After School Youth Art classes. Clallam County Family YMCA, 302 S. Francis St., Port Angeles. 452-9244.
• One-on-one digital workshops to teach individuals to use software on their computers - Adobe or Microsoft. By appointment, days or evenings, at LoBo Designs, 865 Carlsborg Road, Sequim. Call 582-1919.
auditions, deadlines and volunteers
Ongoing volunteer opportunities
• Olympic Peninsula Red Cross chapter is seeks volunteers to respond to local emergencies such as fires, floods, rain storms and earthquakes that may affect the local area and people who want to work from home while helping service men and women and the Red Cross. 457-7933.
• American Red Cross is looking for volunteer instructors. Call for prerequisites and training dates. 457-7933 for Clallam County, 360-385-2737 for Jefferson County.
• Peninsula Men's Gospel Singers, an interdenominational, nonprofit men's gospel singing group from Sequim and Port Angeles, needs one or more first tenors to add to its group of approximately 16 singers. Audition and more information available at 582-1415.
• Artists call to exhibit at no-commission gallery. Two- and three-dimensional works, poetry readings, musical presentations welcome. Workshop and studio space available. Reservations and information, call 582-0411.
• Olympic Peninsula Men's Chorus seeks first and second tenors to sing and perform. Rehearsals 6 p.m. Tuesdays in Sequim. 683-3918.
• Habitat for Humanity of Clallam County is looking for volunteers, both skilled and interested in being trained on-site, in home construction skills. For a volunteer application, call 681-6780 or visit www.olypen.com/dvhfh.
The deadline for items appearing in this section is 5 p.m. Wednesday one week in advance of publication. News releases, photos, posters, playbills and other graphics may be mailed to P.O. Box 1750, Sequim WA 98382, delivered to the Sequim
Gazette office or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Sequim Gazette is located at 147 W. Washington Street in Sequim.
Business hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Phone 360-683-3311, or toll free at 800-829-5810. FAX 360-683-6670.
For a complete company directory with contact information please click HERE.