Meetings are listed based on written notification to The Gazette. Listings can be sent to The Gazette through e-mail at email@example.com, faxed to 683-6670, mailed to P.O. Box 1750, Sequim WA 98382 or dropped off in our office at 147 W. Washington, Sequim. The deadline is Wednesday at 5 p.m. for the next week's edition. Please note new e-mail address.
• AA meetings. Various meeting times, locations each day. 452-4212. www.nopaa.org.
• Al-Anon. Various meeting times, locations. 452-6973.
• Boy Scouts of America. Various meeting times, locations for Cub Scout, Boy Scout and Venture Crew troops. 800-272-6865 or www.joinscouts.net.
• League of Women Voters. Various meeting times, locations. 681-3757.
• NA meetings. Numerous meetings in the county at various times each day. 477-9367.
• Weight Watchers. Numerous meetings in the county at various times each day. 800-651-6000.
Wednesday June 17
• Shelter Providers Network. 9 a.m. The Commons at
Serenity House, 2203 W. 18th St., Port Angeles. 452-7224.
• Sunbonnet Sue Quilt Club. 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Masonic Hall, 700 S. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 681-0795.
• Retired Public Employees Council Chapter 23. 11:30 a.m. Downriggers, 115 E. Railroad Ave., Port Angeles. Open to all retired Washington state, county and municipal public employees. 457-4188.
• Sequim Guild for Children's Hospital and Regional Medical Center. Lunch at 11:30 a.m., Jean's Deli, 134 S. Second Ave., Sequim; meeting at 1 p.m. The Lodge at Sherwood Village, 660 Evergreen Farm Way, Sequim. 683-7185.
• Veterans of Foreign Wars Ladies Auxiliary 4760. 1 p.m. 159 E. Washington St., Sequim. 683-9546.
• Pants Party. Weight-loss support group. 1-2 p.m., 5:30-6:30 p.m. 415 N. Sequim Ave., Sequim. $10. 683-8844.
• Parkinson Disease Support Group. 1 p.m. Sequim Library, 630 N. Sequim Ave. 582-9076.
• Caregivers Support Group. For caregivers of men with prostate, testicular or bladder cancer. 1:15 p.m. Olympic Medical Services Building, 844 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 582-2845 or 582-5615.
• Port Angeles Duplicate Bridge Club. 5 p.m. Crafts room at Port Angeles Senior Center, 328 E. Seventh St., Port Angeles. 457-7704.
• Olympic Gentle Paws. 6 p.m. Greywolf Veterinary Hospital, 1102 E. Washington St., Sequim. 681-4440.
• Sequim Assembly International Order of the Rainbow for Girls. 7 p.m. Sequim Masonic Hall, 700 S. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 681-7851.
• North Olympic Mustangs & Cougars Club. 7 p.m. Joshua's Restaurant, 113 Del Guzzi Drive, Port Angeles. 683-7908.
• Olympic Peninsula Audubon Society. Potluck at 6 p.m. Kyle C. Murphy, aquatic reserves program manager, Washington State Department of Natural Resources, "The Protection Island Aquatic Reserve Proposal." 7 p.m. 2151 W. Hendrickson Road, Sequim. 681-4076.
Thursday June 18
• Soroptimist International of Port Angeles - Jet Set. 7 a.m. Port Angeles Senior Center, 328 E. Seventh St., Port Angeles. 452-7925.
• Mothers of Preschoolers. 9-11:30 a.m. Fairview Bible Church, 385 O'Brien Road, Port Angeles. 457-5905.
• Art Outside opens 10th season. New works by 20 artists along trail in Webster's Woods. Port Angeles Fine Arts Center, 1203 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles. Free. 457-3532.
Monday June 22
• Dry Falls Cellars Wine Dinner. 6 p.m. Cedarbrook Lavender & Herb Farm, 1345 S. Sequim Ave., Sequim. 683-7733 or www.cedarbrooklavender.com.
Thursday-Sunday June 25-28
• "Summer School in Forks: A Twilight Symposium," dedicated to Stephanie Meyer's "Twilight" series. Forks High School and field trips. See twilight.litfanevents.org and www.litfanevents.org.
Friday June 26
• Bunco game benefitting St. Luke's new 24/7 chapel.
1 p.m. St. Luke's Episcopal Church, 525 N. Fifth Ave.,
Sequim. $10. 683-4862.
• Chippendales: The Show. For women only, 21 and older. 7 p.m. 7 Cedars Casino, 270756 Highway 101, Sequim. $25. 683-7777.
Saturday June 27
• Sequim Open Aire Market. Locally grown food, farm products, plants, flowers, art and handcrafted items. 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Cedar Street in downtown Sequim. www.sequimmarket.com.
• Petals and Pathways of Sequim. 16th annual home garden tour of seven Sequim gardens. $15 per person prior to June 27, $20 day of tour, available at many local nurseries. Presented by Master Gardener Foundation of the Olympic Peninsula.
First and second Saturday, third Wednesday
• Port Angeles Fine Arts Center director Jake Seniuk leads Art Ranger Tours through Webster's Woods. 10 a.m. first Saturday, 3 p.m. second Saturday, 2 p.m. third Wednesday. Port
Angeles Fine Arts Center, 1203 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles. Free. 457-3532.
• Bird walks at the Dungeness River Audubon Center's lower Dungeness riparian forest. 8:30-10:30 a.m. Railroad Bridge Park. 2151 W. Hendrickson Road, Sequim. 681-4076.
• Blood pressure checks. 9 a.m.-noon. Second floor, Cardiac Services, Olympic Medical Services Building, 840 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 417-7486.
• Bridge at the Sequim Senior Activity Center. 1 p.m. All playing skill levels welcome. Other activities: senior workout, 9 a.m.; seniorcise, 11 a.m.-noon. 921 E. Hammond St., Sequim. 683-6806.
• Master Gardeners Woodcock Demonstration Garden work party. 9 a.m.-noon. 2711 Woodcock Road, Sequim. Master Gardeners will be on hand to explain tasks and how they can be applied in home gardens.
• Mid Way Swap Meet 2009. 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Lost Mountain Surf Company, 261391 Highway 101, Sequim. 683-9001.
• Washington State University Extension Master Gardeners Sequim plant clinic. 10 a.m.-2 p.m. The Co-Op Farm & Garden Center, 216 E. Washington St., Sequim.
• Texas hold 'em poker. 2 p.m. Oasis Sports Bar & Grill, 301 E. Washington St., Sequim. 582-3143.
• Washington State University Extension Master Gardeners Port Angeles plant clinic. 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Clallam County Courthouse, 223 E. Fourth St., Port Angeles.
• Blood pressure screening. 9-11 a.m. Faith Lutheran Church, Fourth Avenue and Cedar Street, Sequim. Free. 681-0103.
• Senior workout, bridge, walking group, 9 a.m., art with Judy Priest, 10 a.m., knitting and crocheting, 10:30 a.m., gentle yoga and chair exercise, 12:30-1:30 p.m., yoga, 2-3:45 p.m. Sequim Senior Activity Center, 921 E. Hammond St., Sequim. 683-6806.
• Master Gardeners Olympic Peninsula Demonstration Garden work party. Gardeners explain tasks and how they can be applied in home gardens. 10 a.m. Carrie Blake Park, Blake Avenue, Sequim.
• Crafts, 10 a.m., SHIBA health insurance advice, 10 a.m.-noon, dominoes, 1 p.m., ping-pong, 1-3 p.m., Middle Eastern dancers, 7-9 p.m. Blood pressure screening, 10 a.m.-noon second and fourth Tuesdays; potluck, 11:30 a.m.; and bunco, 1 p.m. second Tuesdays, Sequim Senior Activity Center, 921 E. Hammond St., Sequim. 683-6806.
• Master Gardeners Robin Hill Demonstration Garden work party. Master Gardeners explain tasks and how they can be applied in home gardens. 10 a.m.-noon. Robin Hill Farm Park, off Dryke Road north of U.S. Highway 101, between Sequim and Port Angeles.
Friday June 26
• Tim McNulty's Olympic National Park natural history guide. 7 p.m. Carver Room, Port Angeles Library, 2210 S. Peabody St., Port Angeles. 452-6367.
Wednesday June 17
• "What Is The Best Type of Exercise?" Leonard Anderson, pulmonary rehabilitation coordinator. Noon. First floor east, McCarter Room, Olympic Medical Center, 939 Caroline St., Port Angeles. 417-7486.
• "When Should I 'Act' on Chest Pain?" Judy Tordini, cardiology program director. Noon. Second floor conference room, Medical Services Building, 840 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 417-7486.
Thursday June 18
• "Square foot gardening." Bob Cain and Terry Alspaugh.
• "Activate your souls energy to attract a more joyful life." Kathleen Carrera, intuitive life coach and minister. 6-8 p.m. Olympic Unitarian Universalist Fellowship Hall, 73 Howe Road, Sequim. $5 donation. 681-4411.
8 a.m.-4 p.m. $48 per attendee, prepaid by June 18. 683-8334.
• Adult CPR and Standard First Aid. 9 a.m.-4 p.m. American Red Cross, Olympic Peninsula Chapter, 151 Ruth's Place,
Sequim. $45. 457-7933.
• "Pick A Winner: Where to Look & How to Select Your Next Dog." Susan Parr, president of Hurricane Ridge Kennel Club. 9:30 a.m. Best Friend Nutrition, Suite B102, 680 W. Washington St., Sequim. 681-8458.
• "Making Medicine Pouches." Patrick Adams, spiritual leader of the Jamestown S'Klallam Tribe. 1-3 p.m. Unity in the Olympics, 2917 E. Myrtle St., Port Angeles. 457-3981.
Tuesday June 23
• Pet First Aid. 6-9 p.m. American Red Cross, Olympic Peninsula Chapter, 151 Ruth's Place, Sequim. $25. 457-7933.
Wednesday June 24
• "Why Is Watching The LDL Cholesterol Number Important?" Judy Tordini, cardiology program director. Noon. Second floor conference room, Medical Services Building, 840 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 417-7486.
Thursday June 25
• "Practicing Prevention, Optimizing Your Health with Exercise." Leonard Anderson, pulmonary rehabilitation coordinator. Noon. First floor east, McCarter Room, Olympic Medical Center, 939 Caroline St., Port Angeles. 417-7486.
Saturday June 27
• Baby sitter's training. 9 a.m.-4 p.m. American Red Cross, Olympic Peninsula Chapter class, location to be determined, 151 Ruth's Place, Sequim. 457-7933.
• "Integrative Medicine for Our Pets." Dr. Christen Finn. 9:30 a.m. Best Friend Nutrition, Suite B102, 680 W. Washington St., Sequim. 681-8458.
new ongoing classes
• Monday cooking demonstrations 6:30-7:30 p.m., Wednesday classes 6:30-8:30 p.m. The Sauer Kraut German Deli, Bakery & Café, 10181 Old Olympic Highway, Sequim. 582-1400 or www.the sauerkraut.com.
• High energy cardio-step, strength and toning, and circuit training classes with Shelley Haupt, 477-2409.
• Watercolor classes for all levels, 452-6356.
• Italian classes, 460-4576.
• Self-defense classes for adults and children, 452-5653.
• Ongoing workshop from Eckhart Tolle's "A New Earth," 582-0812.
• Knitting and crocheting classes, 683-4969.
• German classes, 417-0111.
• Classes on nutritional cleansing, nutrition and weight loss, 681-2414.
• Belly dance classes for teens, adults and seniors, 683-6806.
Saturday, June 20 and Monday June 22
• Olympic Theatre Arts' romantic comedy "Same Time Next Year" by Bernard Slade. Roles for one man and one woman, aging 25 years during the play. 10 a.m. June 2, 6:30 p.m. June 22. 414 N. Sequim Ave., Sequim. Rehearsal begin in July, performances Sept. 11-27. 683-7326.
call for artists
• Waterfront Art Gallery is accepting co-op membership applications. 120 W. First St., Port Angeles. 452-8165, firstname.lastname@example.org, or 457-4324.
• Blue Whole Gallery is accepting applications for new artists. Visit 129 W. Washington St., Sequim, or call 681-6033.
The Sequim Irrigation Festival committee is searching for a new float construction chair as well as a float designer for the upcoming festival year.
The float designer will be responsible to create one or more designs for consideration by the float construction chair and work with that person throughout the construction on build/design issues that arise.
The float construction chair will evaluate the design(s) for constructability, organize the volunteer construction crew and plan the construction, assign tasks based on priorities and tasks to be done and ensure the float is built and ready in time for the first parade. This person may be a member of the construction crew or just organize the construction, but he/she must be knowledgeable about the construction process and constructability issues.
If you are interested in joining the Irrigation Festival Committee and having an active role in the 115th Sequim Irrigation Festival float construction, contact Joe Borden at 360-683-3408 or via e-mail email@example.com.
The deadline for items appearing in this section is 5 p.m. Wednesday one week in advance of publication. News releases, photos, posters, playbills and other graphics may be mailed to P.O. Box 1750, Sequim WA 98382, delivered to the Sequim Gazette office or e-mailed to donnam@sequim gazette.com, faxed to 683-6670, mailed to P.O. Box 1750, Sequim WA 98382 or dropped off in our office at 147 W. Washington, Sequim. The deadline is Wednesday at 5 p.m. for the next week's edition.
The Sequim Gazette is located at 147 W. Washington Street in Sequim.
Business hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Phone 360-683-3311, or toll free at 800-829-5810. FAX 360-683-6670.
For a complete company directory with contact information please click HERE.