Meetings are listed based on written notification to The Gazette. Listings can be sent to The Gazette through e-mail at email@example.com, faxed to 683-6670, mailed to P.O. Box 1750, Sequim WA 98382 or dropped off in our office at 147 W. Washington, Sequim. The deadline is Wednesday at 5 p.m. for the next week's edition. Please note new e-mail address.
• AA meetings. Various meeting times, locations each day. 452-4212. www.nopaa.org.
• Al-Anon. Various meeting times, locations. 452-6973.
• Boy Scouts of America. Various meeting times, locations for Cub Scout, Boy Scout and Venture Crew troops. 800-272-6865 or www.joinscouts.net.
• League of Women Voters. Various meeting times, locations. 681-3757.
• NA meetings. Numerous meetings in the county at various times each day. 477-9367.
• Weight Watchers. Numerous meetings in the county at various times each day. 800-651-6000.
Wednesday July 8
• Sunbonnet Sue Quilt Club. 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Masonic Hall, 700 S. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 681-0795.
• Family Support Group. For families, friends and loved ones of persons with serious mental disorders. Noon-1:15 p.m. Peninsula Community Mental Health Center, 118 E. Eighth St., Port Angeles. 457-0431.
• Rotary Club of Sequim. Noon. Elks Lodge, 143 Port Williams Road, Sequim. 681-8539.
• Kiwanis Club of Sequim. Noon. Paradise Restaurant,
703 N. Sequim Ave., Sequim. 582-0022.
• Sequim Duplicate Bridge Club. 12:30 p.m. Masonic Hall, 700 S. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 582-0454 or 683-5635.
• Olympic Minds 2. Sequim/Port Angeles community group of the institute of Noetic Sciences, IONS. 1 p.m. Media Room of the Lodge at Sherwood Village, 660 Evergreen Farm Way, Sequim. 582-1034.
• Alzheimer's/dementia caregivers information and support group. 1-2:30 p.m. Room 401, Sequim Bible Church, 847 N. Sequim Ave., Sequim. 582-9309.
• Spanish Club. Conversation and study for intermediate Spanish students. 2 p.m. Prairie Springs Assisted Living,
• French Club. Advanced conversation and reading from
2 p.m. Call for location. 582-1334.
Saturday July 11
• Sequim PC User Group. Bob Anundson presents "Setting Up a Server." 10 a.m. Sequim Senior Activity Center, 921 E. Hammond St., Sequim. Free to members, $5 donation requested from visitors. spcug.net or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Overeaters Anonymous. 10-11 a.m. St. Luke's Episcopal Church, 525 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 681-7371.
• Light Lunch. 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. St. Luke's Episcopal Church, 525 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. Free hot meals for those in need. 683-4862.
• American Association of University Women. 12:30-
2 p.m. Alternates between Sequim and Port Angeles. 681-0674.
• North Olympic Chapter of Veterans for Peace. 2:30 p.m. Olympic Unitarian Universalist Fellowship Hall, 73 Howe Road, off North Barr Road, Agnew. 360-385-7612.
Sunday July 12
• Adult Scrabble. Beginners to experts, 1 p.m. The Buzz, 128 N. Sequim Ave., Sequim. 452-4423.
Monday July 13
• Alzheimer's Association Caregiver Support Group. 9:30-11 a.m. Port Angeles Senior Center, 328 E. Seventh St., Port Angeles. 360-477-5511.
• Port Angeles Garden Club. Business meeting at 10 a.m. Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, 301 Lopez Ave., Port Angeles. 452-5406.
• Natural Science Study Group. 10 a.m.-noon. Railroad Bridge Park, 2151 W. Hendrickson Road, Sequim. 681-4076.
• Sequim Duplicate Bridge Club. 12:30 p.m. Masonic Hall, 700 S. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 681-3090 or 683-5635.
• Grief support group. 1 p.m., meets when there are enough people signed up. Trinity United Methodist Church, 100 S. Blake Ave., Sequim. 452-1511.
• Caregiver Support Group. 1:30-3 p.m. Senior Information Office, 411 W. Washington St., Sequim. 417-8554.
• Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous. 2 p.m. Calvary Chapel of Sequim, 91 Boyce Road, Sequim. 452-1050. www.food addicts.org.
• Grand Olympic Chorus of Sweet Adelines International. 6:30-9 p.m. Mondays except holidays. Sequim Bible Church, 847 N. Sequim Ave. 683-0141 or 360-385-4680.
• American Legion Post 29. 7 p.m. Veterans Center, 215 S. Francis St., Port Angeles. 452-9335.
• Port Angeles Eagles Lodge Auxiliary. 7:30 p.m. 110 S. Penn St., Port Angeles. 452-3344.
• Sequim City Band. 7 p.m. James Center for the Performing Arts, 563 N. Rhodefer Road, Sequim. 683-4896.
Tuesday July 14
• Exchange Club of Port Angeles. 7:30 a.m. CrabHouse, 221 N. Lincoln St., Port Angeles. 417-5188 or 452-4554.
• Overeaters Anonymous. Noon-1 p.m. St. Luke's Episcopal Church, 525 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 582-9549.
• Women's cancer support group. 1-3 p.m. Second floor conference room at 844 N. Fifth AVe., Sequim. 582-2845.
• French Club. Beginners from 1-2 p.m., intermediates from 2-3:30 p.m. Prairie Springs Assisted Living, 680 W. Prairie St., Sequim. 582-1334.
• Knitting Circle. All ages and skill levels. 1:30-3:30 p.m. First Step Family Support Center, 325 E. Sixth St., Port Angeles. 457-8355.
• Sequim Bereavement Group. 1:30-3 p.m. at Assured Hospice office, 24 Lee Chatfield Ave., Sequim. 582-3796 or 582-0337.
• Post 4760, Veterans of Foreign Wars. 2 p.m. 169 E. Washington St., Sequim. 683-9546.
• Rec Club. 3-5 p.m. Sequim Community School, 220 W. Alder St., Sequim. 681-8642.
• Olympic Peninsula Men's Chorus. 6 p.m. Band shell rehearsal room at Carrie Blake Park, Blake Avenue, Sequim. 683-3918.
• Celebrate Recovery. 6:30 p.m. 707 E. Washington St., Suite D, Sequim. www.sequimvineyard.com or 360-477-5747.
• Hapy's Oasis Dance Group. 7 p.m. Sequim Senior Activity Center, 921 E. Hammond St., Sequim. 683-9059.
Arts and entertainment
Wednesday July 8
• Lynn Peterson & The Phat Kattz. Jazz cabaret.
6 p.m. Port Angeles waterfront. Free.
Thursday July 9
• Charlie Ferris. 6-9 p.m. Oasis Sports Bar & Grill, 301 E. Washington St., Sequim. 582-3143.
• Olympic Music Festival. 2 p.m. at concert barn, rural Quilcene. Watch for signs off U.S. Highway 101. Classical music every Saturday and Sunday, no pets allowed. See www.olympic musicfestival.org, e-mail email@example.com or 360-732-4800 for tickets and reserved seating.
Sundays through Aug. 30
• Port Townsend Summer Band Concerts, various times and locations. 360-344-3658 or ptsummerband.org.
• Open mike. 6:30-9:30 p.m., sign-up begins 6:30 p.m. The Buzz, 130 N. Sequim Ave. Sequim. Free. 683-2503.
• Peninsula Singers, The Sequim Museum and Arts Center and Readers Theatre Plus present Gilbert & Sullivan's "HMS Pinafore." 7:30 p.m. July 10-11, July 17-18 and 2 p.m. July 12 and July 19. Old Dungeness Schoolhouse, 2781 Towne Road, Sequim. Tickets are $10 and available in advance at The Buzz and Pacific Mist Book Store in Sequim and at The Itty Bitty Buzz and The Odyssey Book Store in Port Angeles. 888-762-1764.
Fridays-Sundays, July 10-12, July 17-18
• Olympic Theatre Arts. "Greater Tuna." 7:30 p.m. June 26-27, July 10-11 and July 17-18; 2 p.m. June 28, July 12. Sequim High School auditorium, 601 N.
Sequim Ave., Sequim. $12 general admission, $10 OTA members. 683-7326 or www.olympictheatrearts.org.
Sequim. Volunteer Hospice of Clallam County benefits from profits.
Saturday July 11-Sunday July 19
• Lavender wine tour includes six artisan wineries in Sequim, Port Angeles and Port Townsend. 11 a.m.-5 p.m. daily. Tickets available online or at member wineries, $25; fee for wine tasting without ticket. www.olympicpeninsulawineries.org or 800-785-5495.
Friday, July 17
• Guided tour of Jamestown S'Klallam Tribe's totem poles. 4-5:15 p.m., Stories by the Bay 5:15 p.m., traditional salmon dinner 6-6:45 p.m., 6:45 p.m. S'Klallam Stories by tribal elder Elaine Grinnell. Tribal Center, 1033 Old Blyn Highway, Sequim. Various prices. Advance reservations required. 681-4661 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday July 18
• Sequim Open Aire Market. Locally grown food, farm products, plants, flowers, art and handcrafted items. 9 a.m.-
4 p.m. Music noon-3 p.m. Cedar Street in downtown Sequim. www.sequimmarket.com.
• "Unwind by the River," meal, beverage and opportunity to wander the grounds at Railroad Bridge Park. 7-9 p.m. 2151 W. Hendrickson Road, Sequim. $25 per person, for first 75 people on site that evening.www.dungenessrivercenter.org.
First and second Saturday, third Wednesday
• Port Angeles Fine Arts Center director Jake Seniuk leads Art Ranger Tours through Webster's Woods. 10 a.m. first Saturday; 3 p.m. second Saturday; 2 p.m. third Wednesday.
Port Angeles Fine Arts Center, 1203 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles. Free. 457-3532.
• Bird walks at the Dungeness River Audubon Center's lower Dungeness riparian forest. 8:30-10:30 a.m. Railroad Bridge Park. 2151 W. Hendrickson Road, Sequim. 681-4076.
• Blood pressure checks. 9 a.m.-noon. Second floor, Cardiac Services, Olympic Medical Services Building, 840 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 417-7486.
• Bridge at the Sequim Senior Activity Center. 1 p.m. All playing skill levels welcome. Other activities: senior workout, 9 a.m.; seniorcise, 11 a.m.-noon. 921 E. Hammond St., Sequim. 683-6806.
• Master Gardeners Woodcock Demonstration Garden work party. 9 a.m.-noon. 2711 Woodcock Road, Sequim. Master Gardeners will be on hand to explain tasks and how they can be applied in home gardens.
• Washington State University Extension Master Gardeners Sequim plant clinic.
10 a.m.-2 p.m. The Co-Op Farm & Garden Center, 216 E. Washington St., Sequim.
• Texas hold 'em poker. 2 p.m. Oasis Sports Bar & Grill, 301 E. Washington St., Sequim. 582-3143.
• Washington State University Extension Master Gardeners Port Angeles plant clinic. 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Clallam County Courthouse, 223 E. Fourth St., Port Angeles.
• Blood pressure screening. 9-11 a.m. Faith Lutheran Church, Fourth Avenue and Cedar Street, Sequim. Free. 681-0103.
• Pilates, 7:45-8:45 a.m.; senior workout, bridge, walking group, 9 a.m., art with Judy Priest, 10 a.m., knitting and crocheting, 10:30 a.m., seniorcise, 11 a.m.; gentle yoga and chair exercise, 12:30-1:30 p.m., yoga, 2-3:45 p.m. Sequim Senior Activity Center, 921 E. Hammond St., Sequim. 683-6806.
• Master Gardeners Olympic Peninsula Demonstration Garden work party. Gardeners explain tasks and how they can be applied in home gardens. 10 a.m. Carrie Blake Park, Blake Avenue, Sequim.
• Crafts, 10 a.m., SHIBA health insurance advice, 10 a.m.-noon, dominoes, 1 p.m., ping-pong, 1-3 p.m., Middle Eastern dancers, 7-9 p.m. Blood pressure screening, 10 a.m.-noon second and fourth Tuesdays; potluck, 11:30 a.m.; and bunco, 1 p.m. second Tuesdays, Sequim Senior Activity Center, 921 E. Hammond St., Sequim. 683-6806.
• Master Gardeners Robin Hill Demonstration Garden work party. Master Gardeners explain tasks and how they can be applied in home gardens. 10 a.m.-noon. Robin Hill Farm Park, off Dryke Road north of U.S. Highway 101, between Sequim and Port Angeles.
readings & lectures
Wednesday, July 15
• Poets participating in Port Townsend Writers Conference read their work. 7 p.m. Northwind Arts Center, 2409 Jefferson St., Port Townsend. Free, donations accepted. 360-379-1086.
Saturday July 11
• Adult cardiopulmonary resuscitation, standard first aid. 6-8:30 p.m. American Red Cross, 151 Ruth's Place, 1D, Sequim. $45. 457-7933.
Saturday-Sunday July 11-12
• "About Boating Safety." 9 a.m.-5 p.m. July 11, $35; "Suddenly In Command" 9 a.m.-1 p.m. July 12, $25. Point Wilson Lighthouse in Fort Worden State Park, 220 Battery Way, Port Townsend. 360-775-2288 or GJKAUFMANN@aol.com.
Monday July 13
• "Diabetes 2: The Med-Free Solution." Dr. Leslie Van Romer. 6:30-7:30 p.m. The Lodge, 660 Evergreen Farm Way, Sequim. Free, reservations requested. 683-8844 or email@example.com.
Tuesday July 14
• "Practicing Prevention-Optimizing Your Health with Exercise." Leonard Anderson, pulmonary rehabilitation coordinator. 10 a.m. McCarter Room, Olympic Medical Center, 939 Caroline St., Port Angeles. 417-7486.
• Adult cardiopulmonary resuscitation. 6-10 p.m. American Red Cross, 151 Ruth's Place, 1D, Sequim. $25. 457-7933.
Wednesday July 15
• Standard first aid. 6-8:30 p.m. American Red Cross,
151 Ruth's Place, 1D, Sequim. $20. 457-7933.
Thursday July 16
• "The Silent Killer - Elevated Blood Pressure." Judy Tordini, cardiology program director. 9 a.m. Second floor conference room, Medical Services Building, 840 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 417-7486.
• Infant and child cardiopulmonary resuscitation. 6-8:30 p.m. American Red Cross, 151 Ruth's Place, 1D, Sequim. $20. 457-7933.
Friday-Saturday July 17-18
• Flotilla 42 of the Coast Guard Auxiliary boating class. 5:30 p.m.-9:30 p.m. July 17,
10 a.m.-2 p.m. July 18. Second floor of the Pease Building, Coast Guard Base, Ediz Hook. $25 for book, $35 if two persons share a book, preregistration required. 681-4671.
• Cooking demonstrations, classes, The Sauer Kraut German Deli, Bakery & Café, 10181 Old Olympic Highway, Sequim. 582-1400 or www.thesauerkraut.com.
• High energy cardio-step, strength and toning, and circuit training classes with Shelley Haupt, 477-2409.
• Watercolor classes for all levels,
• Italian classes, 460-4576.
• Self-defense classes for adults and children, 452-5653.
• Ongoing workshop from Eckhart Tolle's "A New Earth," 582-0812.
• Knitting and crocheting classes,
• German classes, 417-0111.
• Classes on nutritional cleansing, nutrition and weight loss, 681-2414.
• Belly dance classes for teens, adults and seniors, 683-6806.
call for artists
• Waterfront Art Gallery is accepting co-op membership applications. 120 W. First St., Port Angeles. 452-8165, firstname.lastname@example.org, or 457-4324.
• Blue Whole Gallery is accepting applications for new artists. Visit 129 W. Washington St., Sequim, or call 681-6033.
Through July 31
• Sequim Police Department needs citizens to join the Volunteers in Police Service Program, on patrol and in the front office. Call 360-683-7227 or stop by the police department at
609 W. Washington Street, Suite 16.
• Peninsula Trails Coalition work parties in July continue construction of the Olympic Discovery Trail east of the tribal center in Blyn. Lunch will be provided for those who call ahead. Contact email@example.com or 681-3068.
• The Sequim Irrigation Festival committee is searching for a new float construction chair as well as a float designer for the upcoming festival year. For information, contact Joe Borden at 360-683-3408 or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for items appearing in this section is 5 p.m. Wednesday one week in advance of publication. News releases, photos, posters, playbills and other graphics may be mailed to P.O. Box 1750, Sequim WA 98382, delivered to the Sequim Gazette office or e-mailed to donnam@sequim gazette.com, faxed to 683-6670, mailed to P.O. Box 1750, Sequim WA 98382 or dropped off in our office at 147 W. Washington, Sequim. The deadline is Wednesday at 5 p.m. for the next week's edition.
The Sequim Gazette is located at 147 W. Washington Street in Sequim.
Business hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Phone 360-683-3311, or toll free at 800-829-5810. FAX 360-683-6670.
For a complete company directory with contact information please click HERE.