Meetings are listed based on written notification to The Gazette. Listings can be sent to The Gazette through e-mail at email@example.com, faxed to 683-6670, mailed to P.O. Box 1750, Sequim WA 98382 or dropped off in our office at 147 W. Washington, Sequim. The deadline is Wednesday at 5 p.m. for the next week's edition.
• AA meetings. Various meeting times, locations each day. 452-4212. www.nopaa.org.
• Al-Anon. Various meeting times, locations. 452-6973.
• Boy Scouts of America. Various meeting times, locations for Cub Scout, Boy Scout and Venture Crew troops. 800-272-6865 or www.joinscouts.net.
• League of Women Voters. Various meeting times, locations. 681-3757.
• NA meetings. Numerous meetings in the county at various times each day. 477-9367.
• Weight Watchers. Numerous meetings in the county at various times each day. 800-651-6000.
Wednesday Aug. 12
• Overeaters Anonymous. Men's meeting. 7-8 a.m. St. Luke's Episcopal Church, 525 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 582-9549.
• Sunbonnet Sue Quilt Club. 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Masonic Hall, 700 S. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 681-0795.
• Sequim Valley Lions Club. 6:30 p.m. Sequim Senior Activity Center, 921 E. Hammond St., Sequim. 457-5600.
• Clallam County Amateur Radio Club. 7 p.m. Linkletter Hall, basement at Olympic Memorial Hospital, 939 Caroline St., Port Angeles. www.olyham.com or 452-8228.
• Clallam County Democratic Club. Bob Lawrence, workforce coordinator at Peninsula College, speaks on "Green Jobs." 7 p.m. Pioneer Memorial Park clubhouse, 387 E. Washington St., Sequim. Bring nonperishable food items for the Sequim Food Bank. 683-4502.
• Port Angeles Harmonica Society. 7-9 p.m. Laurel Park Assisted Living, 1183 E. Park Ave., Port Angeles. 457-4471.
• Family Support Group. For families, friends and loved ones of persons with serious mental disorders. Noon-1:15 p.m. Peninsula Community Mental Health Center, 118 E. Eighth St., Port Angeles. 457-0431.
• Rotary Club of Sequim. Noon. Elks Lodge, 143 Port
Williams Road, Sequim. 681-8539.
• Kiwanis Club of Sequim. Alwyn Lewis discusses financial literacy. Noon. Paradise Restaurant, 703 N. Sequim Ave., Sequim. 582-0022.
• Sequim Duplicate Bridge Club. 12:30 p.m. Masonic Hall, 700 S. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 582-0454 or 683-5635.
• Olympic Minds 2. Sequim/Port Angeles community group of the Institute of Noetic Sciences, IONS. 1 p.m. Media Room of the Lodge at Sherwood Village, 660 Evergreen Farm Way, Sequim. 582-1034.
• Alzheimer's/dementia caregivers information and support group. 1-2:30 p.m. Room 401, Sequim Bible Church, 847 N. Sequim Ave., Sequim. 582-9309.
• Spanish Club. Conversation and study for intermediate Spanish students. 2 p.m. Prairie Springs Assisted Living,
• Sequim Valley Car Club. 6 p.m. Sequim Elks Lodge,
143 Port Williams Road, Sequim. 681-0413.
• Clallam County Marine Resources Committee. 5:30-7:30 p.m. Clallam County Courthouse Public Meeting Room, 223 E. Fourth St., Port Angeles. Enter at the after-hours entrance on Fourth Street, south side of the Courthouse, just west of the bus shelters.
• Grand Olympic Chorus of Sweet Adelines International. 6:30-9 p.m. Sequim Bible Church, 847 N. Sequim Ave. 683-0141 or 360-385-4680.
• Eagles Lodge. 7 p.m. 110 S. Penn St., Port Angeles.
• Sequim City Band. 7 p.m. James Center for the Performing Arts, 563 N. Rhodefer Road, Sequim. 683-4896.
Tuesdays Aug. 18
• Exchange Club of Port Angeles. 7:30 a.m. CrabHouse,
221 N. Lincoln St., Port Angeles. 417-5188 or 452-4554.
• Port Angeles Christian Women's Connection. Guest musician/speaker Lillie Krauls. 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Second floor at CrabHouse, 221 N. Lincoln St., Port Angeles. $14.
457-8261 or 452-4343.
• Olympic Peninsula Association of Retired Law Enforcement Officers and Fire Fighters. 11:30 a.m. Paradise Restaurant, 703 N. Sequim Ave., Sequim. 683-3469.
• Overeaters Anonymous. Noon-1 p.m. St. Luke's Episcopal Church, 525 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 582-9549.
• French Club. Beginners from 1-2 p.m., intermediates from 2-3:30 p.m. Prairie Springs Assisted Living, 680 W. Prairie St., Sequim. 582-1334.
• Knitting Circle. All ages and skill levels. 1:30-3:30 p.m. First Step Family Support Center, 325 E. Sixth St., Port Angeles. 457-8355.
• Sequim Bereavement Group. 1:30-3 p.m. Assured Hospice office, 24 Lee Chatfield Ave., Sequim. 582-3796 or 582-0337.
• Stockhounds Investment Club. 5:30 p.m. Gardiner Community Center, 980 Old Gardiner Road, Gardiner. 360-379-5412 or 582-1345.
• North Olympic Chapter of the Compassionate Friends. Support organization for families following the death of a child. 6 p.m. St. Luke's Episcopal Church, 525 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 457-7395 or 417-1885.
• Olympic Peninsula Men's Chorus. 6 p.m. Band shell rehearsal room at Carrie Blake Park, Blake Avenue, Sequim. 683-3918.
• Celebrate Recovery. 6:30 p.m. 707 E. Washington St., Suite D, Sequim. www.sequimvineyard.com or 360-477-5747.
• Clallam County Gem and Mineral Society. 7 p.m. Call 681-2323 or 681-7981.
• Kellee Bradley. 7 p.m. Olympic Cellars' Summer Concert Series. 255410 Highway 101, Port Angeles. $5, donated to Clallam County Family YMCA's Summer Day Camp. www.olympiccellars.com or 452-0160.
Saturdays-Sundays through Sept. 6
• Olympic Music Festival. Quilcene. 2 p.m. Classical music every Saturday and Sunday; no pets allowed. See www.olympic musicfestival.org, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-732-4800 for tickets and reserved seating.
Sundays through Aug. 30
• Port Townsend Summer Band Concerts. 360-344-3658 or ptsummerband.org.
• Open mike. 6:30-9:30 p.m., sign-up begins 6:30 p.m. The Buzz, 130 N. Sequim Ave. Sequim. Free. 683-2503.
• Karaoke. 9 p.m.-1 a.m. Oasis Sports Bar & Grill, 301 E. Washington St., Sequim. 582-3143.
• OB1 DJ "Owen Blake." 9 p.m.-1 a.m. Oasis Sports Bar & Grill, 301 E. Washington St., Sequim. 582-3143.
Friday Aug. 14, Tuesday-Friday Aug. 18-21
• Art in the Park features the work of 30 local artists and connections between art and nature. 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Dungeness River Audubon Center at Railroad Bridge Park, 2151 W. Hendrickson Road, Sequim. Free. 681-4076 or www.DungenessRiverCenter.org.
August featured artists
• Susan Martin Spar, oil paintings. Blue Whole Gallery, 129 W. Washington St., Sequim.
• Monica Livingstone, feathers and stone. 5-7 p.m. Strait Financial Advice, 193 W. Cedar St., Sequim.
• Saundra Cutsinger's watercolors. 5-8 p.m. Dove's Nest, 139 W. Washington St., Sequim.
• Dee Green. 5-8 p.m. Waterfront Art Gallery,
120 W. First St., Port Angeles. 452-8165.
• Mary Franchini and Friends. Through Aug. 29. Sequim Museum and Arts Center, 175 W. Cedar St., Sequim. 683-8110.
• Jessica Spisak. The Gallery at the Fifth Avenue, 500 W. Hendrickson Road, Sequim.
• Ruth McNicholas, acrylics and watercolors. KeyBank, 120 N. Dunlap Ave., Sequim.
• Clallam County Historical Society exhibit, "Home Sweet Home." 20th century artifacts. Lower gallery, Museum at the Carnegie, 205 S. Lincoln St., Port Angeles. 452-6779.
• Art Outside's 10th season. New works by
20 artists along trails in Webster's Woods. Port Angeles Fine Arts Center, 1203 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles. Free. 457-3532.
• Local artists Carrie Rodlend, Martha Rudersdorf, Rosalynn Rees and Jenny Steelquist guide up to 40 young people ages 6-18 in a variety of media outside at the Delta Farm in Dungeness. Hourlong sessions begin at 10 a.m. Results of their creativity will be shown at The Buzz and the Harvest Dinner in September. 683-7089.
• Port Angeles Farmers Market holds a trial Saturday market. Gateway Pavilion, Front and Lincoln streets.
• Sequim Museum & Arts Center Field Day features vintage transportation. 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Across from Sequim High School on Sequim Avenue.
• Sequim Open Aire Market. Locally grown food, farm products, plants, flowers, art and handcrafted items. 9 a.m.-
3 p.m. Music 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Cedar Street in downtown Sequim. www.sequimmarket.com.
• Olympic Peninsula Humane Society potluck, classic car show, arts and crafts booths, silent auction and drawing. Bring a classic car in good running condition between 9:30-10 a.m. for the show, and a side dish for barbecued hot dogs at 11 a.m. Events run 10 a.m.-4 p.m. EdenScapes,
404 Shore Road., Port Angeles. Society receives 10 percent of EdenScapes' and arts and crafts sales.
• Welfare For Animals Guild showcases dogs available for adoption and interviews prospective adopters. Noon-2 p.m. Best Friend Nutrition, 680 W. Washington Ave., Suite B102, Sequim. www.welfareforanimalsguild.com or 460-6258.
Saturdays Aug. 15-29
• Reading from "Rip Squeak" children's books. 10:30 a.m. Dove's Nest, 139 W. Washington St., Sequim. 683-8252.
Tuesday Aug. 18
• Dinner and live music. Howly Slim. 6-8 p.m. The Sauer Kraut, 10181 Old Olympic Highway, Sequim. 582-1400.
Friday-Sunday Aug. 20-23
• Clallam County Fair, fairgrounds in Port Angeles. Draft horse pull, concerts, rodeo, logging show, crafts, art, 4-H and FFA animals. 417-2551 or www,clallamcountyfair.com.
Friday Aug. 21
• Dinner and live music. Charlie Ferris, one-man show. 6-8 p.m. The Sauer Kraut, 10181 Old Olympic Highway,
Saturday Aug. 22
• Sequim Open Aire Market. Locally grown food, farm products, plants, flowers, art and handcrafted items.
9 a.m.-3 p.m. Cedar Street in downtown Sequim. www.sequim
Saturday-Sunday Aug. 28-30
• Makah Days. Canoe races and bone games, children's races, royalty, salmon bake, traditional dancing, talent show and fireworks. 10 a.m. Neah Bay.
Wednesdays through Sept. 30
• Port Angeles Farmers Market. 3:30-6:30 p.m. Gateway Transit Center pavilion, Front and Lincoln streets, Port Angeles. 460-0361 or portangelesfarmersmarket.com.
• Port Angeles Farmers Market. 10 a.m.-2 p.m. County courthouse parking lot, Fourth and Peabody streets, Port Angeles. 460-0361 or portangelesfarmersmarket.com.
Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday
• Encore! Adult Day Care. Supervised activities, 9 a.m.-
2 p.m. Lunch included. 301 E. Lopez St., Port Angeles. Call ahead, 457-6801.
First and second Saturday, third Wednesday
• Art Ranger Tours through Webster's Woods led by Port Angeles Fine Arts Center director Jake Seniuk. 10 a.m. first Saturday; 3 p.m. second Saturday; 2 p.m. third Wednesday. Port Angeles Fine Arts Center, 1203 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles. Free. 457-3532.
• Bird walks at the Dungeness River Audubon Center's lower Dungeness riparian forest. 8:30-10:30 a.m. Railroad Bridge Park, 2151 W. Hendrickson Road, Sequim. 681-4076.
• Blood pressure checks. 9 a.m.-noon. Second floor, Cardiac Services, Olympic Medical Services Building, 840 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 417-7486.
• Bridge at the Sequim Senior Activity Center. 1 p.m. All playing skill levels welcome. Other activities: senior workout,
9 a.m.; poetry, first and third Wednesdays, 1-2:30 p.m. 921 E. Hammond St., Sequim. 683-6806.
• Master Gardeners Woodcock Demonstration Garden work party. 9 a.m.-noon. 2711 Woodcock Road, Sequim. Master Gardeners explain tasks and home garden applications.
• Washington State University Extension Master Gardeners Sequim plant clinic. 10 a.m.-2 p.m. The Co-Op Farm & Garden Center, 216 E. Washington St., Sequim.
• Texas hold 'em poker. 2 p.m. Oasis Sports Bar & Grill, 301 E. Washington St., Sequim. 582-3143.
• Washington State University Extension Master Gardeners Port Angeles plant clinic. 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Clallam County Courthouse, 223 E. Fourth St., Port Angeles.
• Blood pressure screening. 9-11 a.m. Faith Lutheran Church, Fourth Avenue and Cedar Street, Sequim. Free. 681-0103.
• Senior workout, bridge, walking group, 9 a.m.; art with Judy Priest, 10 a.m.; knitting and crocheting, 10:30 a.m.; gentle yoga and chair exercise, 12:30-1:30 p.m.; yoga, 2-3:45 p.m. Sequim Senior Activity Center, 921 E. Hammond St., Sequim. 683-6806.
• Crafts, 10 a.m.,; SHIBA health insurance advice, 10 a.m.-noon; dominoes, 1 p.m.; pingpong, 1-3 p.m.; Middle Eastern dancers, 7-9 p.m.; potluck, second and fourth Tuesdays, 11:30 a.m.; and bunco, 1 p.m. second Tuesdays, Sequim Senior Activity Center, 921 E. Hammond St., Sequim. 683-6806.
• Master Gardeners Robin Hill Demonstration Garden work party. Master Gardeners explain tasks and applicability in home gardens. 10 a.m.-noon. Robin Hill Farm Park, off Dryke Road north of U.S. Highway 101, between Sequim and Port Angeles.
Saturday-Sunday Aug. 15-16
• Sequim artists Randy and Sallie Radock demonstrate block printing during Art in The Park. Outdoor demonstrations also include painting, wood sculpture, carvng, and jewelry making. 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Dungeness River Audubon Center, 2151 W. Hendrickson Road, Sequim. 681-4076.
Wednesday Aug. 12
• "Irregular Heart Beats: When to be Concerned." Judy Tordini, cardiology program director. Noon. Second-floor conference room, Medical Services Building, 840 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 417-7486.
Thursday Aug. 13
• "Healthy Food: If It Comes in a Can or is Wrapped in Plastic, Read the Label Before Eating." Leonard Anderson, pulmonary rehabilitation coordinator. 11 a.m. Olympic Medical Center, 939 Caroline St., Port Angeles. 417-7486.
• Grocery shopping tour at Sunny Farms, 261461 Highway 101, Sequim. 6:30 p.m. Common Sense Nutritional Therapy class. $15. 683-2756.
Saturday Aug. 15
• Leonard Anderson, pulmonary rehabilitation coordinator at Olympic Medical Center, speaks on the Mark Harvey Show about "Take a Deep Breath: Understanding and Managing Stress in Chronic Heart and Lung Disease." Approximately
8:10 a.m. on KONP, 1450 AM. 417-7486.
• Breadmaking class at bakery. 10 a.m. $45. 683-2756, call for location.
Tuesday Aug. 18
• "Cooking With Herbs" class. 2-3 p.m. Botanical Touch, 115 N. Sequim Ave., Sequim. Free. 683-2050, email@example.com.
Tuesday Aug. 20
• "Risking Your Risk of Developing Hardening of the Arteries." Judy Tordini, cardiology program director. 10 a.m. Second-floor conference room, Medical Services Building, 840 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 417-7486.
• Cooking demonstrations, classes, The Sauer Kraut German Deli, Bakery & Café, 10181 Old Olympic Highway, Sequim. $35. 582-1400 or www.thesauerkraut.com.
• High energy cardio-step, strength and toning, and circuit training classes with Shelley Haupt, 477-2409.
• Watercolor classes for all levels, 452-6356.
• Italian classes, 460-4576.
• Self-defense classes for adults and children, 452-5653.
• Ongoing workshop from Eckhart Tolle's "A New Earth," 582-0812.
• Knitting and crocheting classes, 683-4969.
• German classes, 417-0111.
• Classes on nutritional cleansing, nutrition and weight loss, 681-2414.
• Belly dance classes for teens, adults and seniors, 683-6806.
• Northwest Women's Chorale auditions for women who sing three- and four-part harmony. Rehearsals are Monday evenings at Holy Trinity Lutheran Church in Port Angeles. Contact 457-9306 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Through Monday Sept. 21
• Online audition videos will be considered for Neil Berg's "100 Years of Broadway" show on Friday, Oct. 9, to open The Juan de Fuca Festival concert series. More information at www.singingwiththebroadwaystars.com/index.php, www.jffa.org, 457-5411 or www.nwperformingarts.com.
call for artists
Saturday Aug. 28
• Deadline to enter "Cultural Fiber - Civilization, Ethos & Strength of Character," a juried fiber arts exhibition from Oct. 2-Nov. 28 at the Museum and Arts Center during the 2009 North Olympic Fiber Arts Festival. www.fiberartsfestival.org/exhibition.html or email@example.com.
• Waterfront Art Gallery is accepting co-op membership applications. 120 W. First St., Port Angeles. 452-8165, firstname.lastname@example.org, or 457-4324.
• Blue Whole Gallery is accepting applications for new artists. 129 W. Washington St., Sequim, or call 681-6033.
• Port Angeles Fine Arts Center needs docents. A three-hour commitment per month and attendance at docent meetings and training sessions are required. An arts background is not necessary. Port Angeles Fine Arts Center, 1203 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles. 683-6339 or 452-7745.
• Peninsula Trails Coalition work parties continue construction of the Olympic Discovery Trail east of the tribal center in Blyn. Lunch will be provided for those who call ahead. Contact email@example.com or 681-3068.
• The Sequim Irrigation Festival committee is searching for a new float construction chair as well as a float designer for the upcoming festival year. For information, contact Joe Borden at 683-3408 or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for items appearing in this section is 5 p.m. Wednesday one week in advance of publication. News releases, photos, posters, playbills and other graphics may be mailed to P.O. Box 1750, Sequim WA 98382, delivered to the Sequim Gazette office at 147 W. Washington St., Sequim, e-mailed to email@example.com or faxed to 683-6670.
The Sequim Gazette is located at 147 W. Washington Street in Sequim.
Business hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Phone 360-683-3311, or toll free at 800-829-5810. FAX 360-683-6670.
For a complete company directory with contact information please click HERE.