Meetings are listed based on written notification to The Gazette. Listings can be sent to The Gazette through e-mail at email@example.com, faxed to 683-6670, mailed to P.O. Box 1750, Sequim WA 98382 or dropped off in our office at 147 W. Washington, Sequim. The deadline is Wednesday at 5 p.m. for the next week's edition.
• AA meetings. Various meeting times, locations each day. 452-4212. www.nopaa.org.
• Al-Anon. Various meeting times, locations. 452-6973.
• Boy Scouts of America. Various meeting times, locations for Cub Scout, Boy Scout and Venture Crew troops. 800-272-6865 or www.joinscouts.net.
• League of Women Voters. Various meeting times, locations. 681-3757.
• NA meetings. Numerous meetings in the county at various times each day. 477-9367.
• Weight Watchers. Numerous meetings in the county at various times each day. 800-651-6000.
Wednesday Sept. 2
• Overeaters Anonymous. Men's meeting. 7-8 a.m. St. Luke's Episcopal Church, 525 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 582-9549.
• Sunbonnet Sue Quilt Club. 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Masonic Hall, 700 S. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 681-0795.
• Pants Party. Weight-loss support group. 5:30-6:30 p.m. 415 N. Sequim Ave., Sequim. $10. 683-8844.
• Port Angeles Duplicate Bridge Club. 5 p.m. Crafts room at Port Angeles Senior Center, 328 E. Seventh St., Port Angeles. 457-7704.
• Sequim Irrigation Festival Planning Committee.
6 p.m. dinner, 6:30 p.m. meeting. Mariners Café, 707 E. Washington St., Sequim. 683-3408.
• Hurricane Ridge RV Club. Dinner at 6 p.m., meeting at 7 p.m. Joshua's Restaurant, 113 Del Guzzi Drive, Port Angeles. 461-1961 or 683-0120.
• Clallam County Planning Commission. 6:30 p.m. Clallam County Courthouse, 223 E. Fourth St., Port Angeles. 417-2000.
• Sequim Assembly International Order of the Rainbow for Girls. 7 p.m. Sequim Masonic Hall, 700 S. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 681-7851.
• Strait Macintosh Users Group. Beginners' session 6:15-7 p.m., Rick Johnston speaks about "The Wonderful World of Keyboard Shortcuts." 7:15 p.m. Port Angeles Library, 2210 S. Peabody St., Port Angeles. 457-4660.
Thursday Sept. 3
• Soroptimist International of Port Angeles - Jet Set. 7 a.m. Port Angeles Senior Center, 328 E. Seventh St., Port Angeles. 452-7925.
• Mothers of Preschoolers. 9-11:30 a.m. Fairview Bible Church, 385 O'Brien Road, Port Angeles. 457-5905.
• PAAQUE Chapter of Applique Society. 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Quilted Strait Quilt Shop, Port Angeles. 457-4733.
• Family Support Group. For families, friends and loved ones of persons with serious mental disorders. Noon-1:15 p.m. Peninsula Community Mental Health Center, 118 E. Eighth St., Port Angeles. 457-0431.
• Rotary Club of Sequim. Noon. Elks Lodge, 143 Port Williams Road, Sequim. 681-8539.
• Kiwanis Club of Sequim. Noon. Paradise Restaurant, 703 N. Sequim Ave., Sequim. 582-0022.
• Sequim Duplicate Bridge Club. 12:30 p.m. Masonic Hall, 700 S. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 582-0454 or 683-5635.
• Olympic Minds 2. Sequim/Port Angeles community group of the Institute of Noetic Sciences, IONS. 1 p.m. Media room of the Lodge at Sherwood Village, 660 Evergreen Farm Way, Sequim. 582-1034.
• Bridge group. 1 p.m. SunLand office of Windermere Real Estate, 137 Fairway Drive, Sequim. 683-2711.
• Clallam C'lectors Questers. 1 p.m. Meets at members' homes. 582-3788.
• Happy Tymer Clown Alley. 1 p.m.. St. Joseph's Catholic Church hall, 121 E. Maple St., Sequim. 683-8897 or 683-0742.
• Retired Scientists of Sequim. 1:30 p.m. Call for location. 681-8448.
• Spanish Club. Conversation and study for intermediate Spanish students. 2 p.m. Prairie Springs Assisted Living, 680 W. Prairie St., Sequim. 683-1809.
• Olympic Music Festival concludes its 26th season with "Sonata for Violin and Piano in A Major, D. 572," by Schubert; "Piano Quartet in E flat Major, Op. 16," by Beethoven; and "Piano Quartet No. 1 in C minor, Op. 15," by Fauré. Quilcene.
2 p.m. Saturday and Sunday; no pets allowed. www.olympic
musicfestival.org, firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-732-4800.
Sunday Sept. 6
• Buddy Holly birthday party benefit. 3-5 p.m., 8-10 p.m.
• Karaoke. 9 p.m.-1 a.m. Oasis Sports Bar & Grill, 301 E. Washington St., Sequim. 582-3143.
• OB1 DJ Owen Blake. 9 p.m.-1 a.m. Oasis Sports Bar & Grill, 301 E. Washington St., Sequim. 582-3143.
Friday Sept. 4
• First Friday Art Walk Sequim, free self-guided tour of galleries, studios, the Museum and Arts Center and other venues. 5-8 p.m. Features original visual, musical, performance, literary, culinary and decorative talents. All ages welcome. Visit www.sequimartwalk.com or e-mail email@example.com.
Saturday Sept. 5
• 3rd annual Summer Olympic Art Festival. 10 a.m.-
5 p.m. Hosted by Olympic Art Gallery, 40 Washington St. at U.S. Highway 101 in Quilcene. firstname.lastname@example.org, 360-765-0200, 866-765-0203. www.olympicartfestival.com, www.
Saturday Sept. 12
• Opulent Art Show at The Cutting Garden. Paintings, photography, jewelry, glass, mixed media, fiber arts and music. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. 303 Dahlia Llama Lane, Sequim. Free.burningdownthehouse.wordpress.com, email@example.com, 360-460-3023.
• Metal sculptures of Larry McCaffrey, watercolors of Lynne Armstrong. Blue Whole Gallery, 129 W. Washington St., Sequim.
• Photographs of Jessica Spisak. The Gallery at the Fifth. 500 W. Hendrickson Road, Sequim.
• Olympic Peaks photographic exhibition. Reception 5-8 p.m. Friday, Sept. 4. 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Museum and Arts Center, 175 W. Cedar St., Sequim.
• Watercolors of Judy Priest. KeyBank, 120 N. Dunlap Ave., Sequim.
• Watercolors and oils of artist Priscilla Patterson, including aviation art. Strait Financial Advice, 193 W. Cedar St., Sequim.
• Watercolors of Saundra Cutsinger. Dove's Nest, 139 W. Washington St., Sequim.
• Children's artwork. The Buzz, 128 N. Sequim Ave.,
• Watercolor show. Sept. 4-27. Northwind Arts Center, 2409 Jefferson St., Port Townsend. www.northwindarts.org or 360-379-3332.
Through Tuesday Sept. 8
• Retrospective art show of the late Grace Lee Korbel, Port Angeles printmaker, teacher and mixed-media artist. Karon's Frame Center, 625 E. Front St., Port Angeles. A portion of the sales will be donated to the Port Angeles Fine Arts Center. 565-0308.
• Clallam County Historical Society exhibit, "Home Sweet Home." 20th-century artifacts. Lower gallery, Museum at the Carnegie, 205 S. Lincoln St., Port Angeles. 452-6779.
• Art Outside's 10th season. New works by 20 artists along trails in Webster's Woods. Port Angeles Fine Arts Center, 1203 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles. Free. 457-3532.
• DJ Terry 'Wild-Wild' West. Swing, tango, Latin and ballroom. West Coast swing class, 7 p.m.; dance 8-11 p.m. Eagles Lodge, 110 S. Penn St., Port Angeles. $10 includes lesson and dance. www.TerryWestProductions.com, CutARug@gmail.com, 206-786-3421.
For dance lesson information, call: line dance, 681-2987; Western line dancing, 681-2826; hula dance for teens, adults and seniors, 253-288-0450.
Friday Sept. 4
• "Tammy and Alto," country and blues with a jazz twist. Wines from Dry Falls Cellars. 6 p.m. Dungeness Bay Wine & Cheese, 123 W. Washington St., Sequim. 681-2778.
Saturday Sept. 5
• Sequim Open Aire Market. Locally grown food, farm products, plants, flowers, art and handcrafted items. 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Cedar Street in downtown Sequim. www.sequimmarket.com.
Friday-Sunday Sept. 11-13
• 33rd annual Wooden Boat Festival. 9 a.m. at Point Hudson in Port Townsend. Annual celebration featuring 200 wooden vessels of all kinds. Activities and demonstrations for all ages. 360-344-3436, firstname.lastname@example.org or www.woodenboat.org. Admission fee.
Saturday Sept. 12
• Sequim Open Aire Market. Locally grown food, farm products, plants, flowers, art and handcrafted items. 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Music 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Cedar Street in downtown Sequim. www.sequim market.com.
Wednesdays through Sept. 30
• Port Angeles Farmers Market. 3:30-6:30 p.m. Gateway Transit Center pavilion, Front and Lincoln streets, Port Angeles. 460-0361 or port angelesfarmersmarket.com.
• Port Angeles Farmers Market. 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Gateway Sept. 5; County Courthouse Sept. 12, 19, 26. 460-0361 or
Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday
• Encore! Adult Day Care. Supervised activities, 9 a.m.-
2 p.m. Lunch included. 301 E. Lopez Ave., Port Angeles. Call ahead, 457-6801.
First and second Saturday, third Wednesday
• Art Ranger Tours through Webster's Woods led by Port Angeles Fine Arts Center director Jake Seniuk. 10 a.m. first Saturday; 3 p.m. second Saturday;
2 p.m. third Wednesday. Port Angeles Fine Arts Center, 1203 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles. Free. 457-3532.
• Bird walks at the Dungeness River Audubon Center's lower Dungeness riparian forest. 8:30-10:30 a.m. Railroad Bridge Park, 2151 W. Hendrickson Road, Sequim. 681-4076.
• Blood pressure checks. 9 a.m.-noon. Second floor, Cardiac Services, Olympic Medical Services Building, 840 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 417-7486.
• Bridge at the Sequim Senior Activity Center. 1 p.m. All playing skill levels welcome. Other activities: senior workout, 9 a.m.; poetry, first and third Wednesdays, 1-2:30 p.m. 921 E. Hammond St., Sequim. 683-6806.
• Master Gardeners Woodcock Demonstration Garden work party. 9 a.m.-noon. 2711 Woodcock Road, Sequim. Master Gardeners explain tasks and home garden applications.
• Washington State University Extension Master Gardeners Sequim plant clinic. 10 a.m.-2 p.m. The Co-Op Farm & Garden Center, 216 E. Washington St., Sequim.
• Texas hold 'em poker. 2 p.m. Oasis Sports Bar & Grill, 301 E. Washington St., Sequim. 582-3143.
• Washington State University Extension Master Gardeners Port Angeles plant clinic. 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Clallam County Courthouse, 223 E. Fourth St., Port Angeles.
• Blood pressure screening. 9-11 a.m. Faith Lutheran Church, Fourth Avenue and Cedar Street, Sequim. Free. 681-0103.
• Senior workout, bridge, walking group, 9 a.m.; art with Judy Priest, 10 a.m.; knitting and crocheting, 10:30 a.m.; gentle yoga and chair exercise, 12:30-1:30 p.m.; yoga, 2-3:45 p.m. Sequim Senior Activity Center, 921 E. Hammond St., Sequim. 683-6806.
• Crafts, 10 a.m.,; SHIBA health insurance advice, 10 a.m.-noon; dominoes, 1 p.m.; pingpong, 1-3 p.m.; Middle Eastern dancers, 7-9 p.m.; potluck, second and fourth Tuesdays, 11:30 a.m.; and bunco, 1 p.m. second Tuesdays, Sequim Senior Activity Center, 921 E. Hammond St., Sequim. 683-6806.
• Master Gardeners Robin Hill Demonstration Garden work party. Master Gardeners explain tasks and applicability in home gardens. 10 a.m.-noon. Robin Hill Farm Park, off Dryke Road north of U.S. Highway 101, between Sequim and Port Angeles.
Starting Wednesday Sept. 2
• Write in Time writing workshops for women. Eight sessions, 6:30-9:30 p.m. Wednesdays in Sequim. 460-7941 or email@example.com.
Thursday Sept. 3
• "Irregular Heart Beats? When to be Concerned." Judy Tordini, cardiology program director. Noon. Second-floor conference room, Medical Services Building, 840 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 417-7486.
• Tony Burroughs, Tina Stober and Aaron Jacobson. "The Living by Manifesting Workshop." Potluck 6-7 p.m., workshop 7-10 p.m. Sequim Prairie Grange, 290 MacLeay Road, Sequim. $35. 683-1463 or 681-0919.
Tuesday Sept. 8
• "Genesis From Memory" by Max McLean, DVD class on historical, biblical Christianity. 6-7:40 p.m. Sequim Library, 630 N. Sequim Ave., Sequim. Free. 681-7849.
Thursday Sept. 10
• "Take a Deep Breath: Understanding and Managing Stress in Chronic Heart and Lung Disease." Leonard Anderson, pulmonary rehabilitation coordinator.10 a.m. McCarter Education Room, Olympic Medical Center, 939 Caroline St., Port Angeles. 417-7486.
• High energy cardio-step, strength and toning, and circuit training classes with Shelley Haupt, 477-2409.
• Watercolor classes for all levels, 452-6356.
• Italian classes, 460-4576.
• Self-defense classes for adults and children, 452-5653.
• Ongoing workshop from Eckhart Tolle's "A New Earth," 582-0812.
• Knitting and crocheting classes, 683-4969.
• German classes, 417-0111.
• Classes on nutritional cleansing, nutrition and weight loss, 681-2414.
• Belly dance classes for teens, adults and seniors, 683-6806.
Through Monday Sept. 21
• Online audition videos will be considered for Neil Berg's "100 Years of Broadway" show on Friday, Oct. 9, to open The Juan de Fuca Festival concert series. More information at www.sing ingwiththebroadwaystars.com/index.php, www.jffa.org, 457-5411 or www.nwperformingarts.com.
Tuesday Sept. 15
• Deadline for artists to enter fifth annual Wildlife and Nature Art Exposition at Fort Worden State Park, Oct. 10-11. Applications at www.wildartexpo.org. 360-385-0655.
• Waterfront Art Gallery is accepting co-op membership applications. 120 W. First St., Port Angeles. 452-8165, firstname.lastname@example.org, or 457-4324.
• Blue Whole Gallery is accepting applications for new artists. 129 W. Washington St., Sequim, or call 681-6033.
• Port Angeles Fine Arts Center needs docents. A three-hour commitment per month and attendance at docent meetings and training sessions are required. An arts background is not necessary. Port Angeles Fine Arts Center, 1203 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles. 683-6339 or 452-7745.
• The Sequim Irrigation Festival committee is searching for a new float construction chair as well as a float designer for the upcoming festival year. For information, contact Joe Borden at 683-3408 or via e-mail email@example.com.
The deadline for items appearing in this section is 5 p.m. Wednesday one week in advance of publication. News releases, photos, posters, playbills and other graphics may be mailed to P.O. Box 1750, Sequim WA 98382, delivered to the Sequim Gazette office at 147 W. Washington St., Sequim, e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 683-6670.
The Sequim Gazette is located at 147 W. Washington Street in Sequim.
Business hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Phone 360-683-3311, or toll free at 800-829-5810. FAX 360-683-6670.
For a complete company directory with contact information please click HERE.