Each year the Sequim-Dungeness Valley Chamber of Commerce recognizes a citizen of the year and presents two community service awards to persons who have performed outstanding service to the community.
Guidelines for the Citizen of the Year Award include:
1. Residence in Eastern Clallam County (primarily the Sequim School District area).
2. Performance of outstanding service to the community.
3. Service above, beyond and generally outside the regular occupation of the nominee.
4. Two persons working jointly may be nominated for a joint award. Groups of more than two will not be considered.
5. The selection committee is the final authority.
6. A minimum of two endorsements other than a relative must be received.
7. Past "Citizen of the Year" recipient(s) are not eligible.
Nomination forms are available online or at the Sequim-Dungeness Valley Chamber of Commerce Visitor Information Center. More pertinent information may be included. Please limit additional information to a one-page presentation. Submit nominations to:
Sequim-Dungeness Valley Chamber of Commerce
Attn: Citizen of the Year Nomination
P.O. Box 907
Sequim, WA 98382
The deadline for nominations is 4 p.m. Feb. 1.
Announcement of the awards will take place Feb. 23 at the annual Citizen of the Year Luncheon.
The Sequim Gazette is located at 147 W. Washington Street in Sequim.
Business hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Phone 360-683-3311, or toll free at 800-829-5810. FAX 360-683-6670.
For a complete company directory with contact information please click HERE.