Each year the Chamber recognizes a Citizen of the Year and presents two Community Service Awards to persons who have performed outstanding service to the community.
Guidelines for the Citizen of the Year Award include:
1. Nominees shall be residents of Eastern Clallam County (primarily the Sequim School District area).
2. Nominees shall be persons who have performed outstanding service to the community.
3. Service rendered by such nominees shall be above, beyond, and generally outside the regular occupation of the nominee.
4. Two persons working jointly in a community project or projects may be nominated to receive a joint award. Groups of more than two will not be considered.
5. Persons making nominations should bear in mind the foregoing guidelines, while fully understanding that the selection committee must be, of necessity, the final authority.
6. A minimum of two (2) endorsements other than a relative must be received
7. Past "Citizen of the Year" recipient(s) are not eligible.
Method of Nomination:
Nomination are to be presented via a Citizen of the Year nomination form which is available on line or at the Sequim-Dungeness Valley Chamber of Commerce Visitor Information Center.
Additional pertinent information may be included. Please limit additional information to a one-page presentation. Submit nominations to:
Sequim-Dungeness Valley Chamber of Commerce Attn: Citizen of the Year Nomination P.O. Box 907 1192 E. Washington Street Sequim, WA 98382
Deadline for nominations: February 1, 2010 by 4:00 p.m.
Announcement of the awards will take place February 23, 2010 at the annual Citizen of the Year Luncheon!
The Sequim Gazette is located at 147 W. Washington Street in Sequim.
Business hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Phone 360-683-3311, or toll free at 800-829-5810. FAX 360-683-6670.
For a complete company directory with contact information please click HERE.