The Albert Haller Foundation announced last week grants totaling $296,000 to more than 60 nonprofit agencies and school districts serving residents of Clallam County during a grant award ceremony held at the Clallam County Courthouse on Oct. 7.
More than $70,000 worth of grants go directly to Sequim or countywide organizations and groups, including:
• Sequim School District and Sequim Education Foundation, $16,300 — a tutoring program, low-income student aid at two schools, the Sequim Middle School field science program, Greywolf’s Camp I Can program and more
• Sequim Food Bank, $11,000 — holiday food boxes
• St. Vincent de Paul of Sequim, $7,500 — utility and rent assistance
• SNAP, $7,000 — educational programs for developmentally disabled clients
• Sequim Boys & Girls Club, $6,000 — clothing, school supplies, teen center, and holiday food for families of members
• Dungeness Valley Health and Wellness Clinic, $6,000 — patient services, wellness program
• Sequim Community Aid, $6,000 — rent, utility, and emergency assistance to families
• Olympic Community Action, $5,000 – a countywide Senior Nutrition Program
• CareNet of Clallam County, $3,000 — support and classes for young parents with babies
• Sequim Senior Activity Center, $2,000 — sponsorship of annual membership fees for low-income seniors
The Albert Haller Foundation annually allocates earnings to organizations in Clallam County that serve low income individuals and families, support education, and to the Food Banks and Volunteer Hospice of Clallam County. It also grants annual scholarships to Clallam County students, including a scholarship program through Peninsula College.
Albert Haller, the program’s namesake, was born in Clallam County in 1903 and worked in the logging industry during the era of horses and steam donkeys. He is described as a very competent, careful logger who out-conserved the conservation policies of that era. Albert and his wife were equally thoughtful about investments, saving, and investing wisely in land, enabling them to leave an ongoing legacy to the people of Clallam County.
The Sequim Gazette is located at 147 W. Washington Street in Sequim.
Business hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Phone 360-683-3311, or toll free at 800-829-5810. FAX 360-683-6670.
For a complete company directory with contact information please click HERE.