Buckle up, turn on your lights, check your mirrors and drive the speed limit to the Sequim Police Department's fifth annual Public Safety Fair.
The community outreach event running this Saturday at Guy Cole Convention Center inside Carrie Blake Park features more than 30 local, state and federal agencies.
Booths emphasize emergency preparedness, crime prevention, public safety and general agency information on Clallam County with brochures and giveaways.
Sequim Masons said the event remains a success and they documented more than 80 children last year.
"It will be a fun environment while still being educational with police vehicles, fire trucks and a Coast Guard Helicopter landing."
Some of the free attractions include:
• Sequim Masonic Lodge's child and vulnerable adults ID booth, ChIP - including teeth imprints, DNA, voice and video
• Emergency vehicles such as fire trucks, police vehicles, boats and helicopters for people to sit and take photos in
• TV show "Washington's Most Wanted" and its Dodge Charger
• CarFit program helping the mature driver find the best fit at Sequim Skate Park
• Car seat adjustments for children
• Sequim Police Department K-9 Chase and K-9 Officer Mike Hill
"Our goal is to reach as many people as possible," Sequim Police Officer Maris Turner said.
Participating agencies include Sequim Code Enforcement, PenCom, Clallam County Juvenile Services, Clallam County Department of Emergency Management, Clallam County Fire District 3, Clallam County Sheriff's Office - Search and Rescue, Boat Patrol, DUI Task Force, Washington State Patrol, U.S. Coast Guard, U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary, Crime Stoppers, Health and Human Services, Senior Information and Assistance, Olympic Ambulance, Healthy Families of Clallam County, United States Border Patrol, Security Services, Olympic Peninsula Red Cross, KSQM - Sequim Community Broadcasting, and ARES/RACES.
Food will be available from Jeremiah's BBQ.
For more information, contact the Sequim Police Department at 683-7227.
The Sequim Gazette is located at 147 W. Washington Street in Sequim.
Business hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Phone 360-683-3311, or toll free at 800-829-5810. FAX 360-683-6670.
For a complete company directory with contact information please click HERE.