Clallam County PUD, along with local solar contractors, is coordinating the sixth annual Clallam County Solar Tour, beginning at 10 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 1.
The starting point for the tour is Greywolf Elementary School, 171 Carlsborg Road.
In addition to the opportunity to tour solar-powered homes in the Sequim area there will be several brief presentations about solar power.
The schedule includes:
• 10:00 a.m. — Event opens. Maps and tour information available
• 10:15 a.m. — PUD introduction and Conservation Programs Overview, Michael Currie, PUD
• 10:30 a.m. — Spin Your Meter Backwards – Solar PV 101, Andy Cochrane, Power Trip Energy
• 11:15 a.m. — Does solar work in the Northwest? Solar PV and Solar Hot Water, Greg Williams,
• noon — Community Solar PV, Hans Frederickson, Frederickson Electric
• 12:45 p.m. — Ask the Experts, a panel Q&A: Power Trip Energy, Sunergy Systems, Frederickson Electric, Sequim Electric
• 10:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. — Solar Homes on Tour
More information about the tour can be found on Solar Washington’s web site at: http://solarwa.org/clallam-county-1.
For additional information about Clallam County PUD, visit www.clallampud.net.