The Board of Clallam County Commissioners announces opportunities for residents to participate in county government on the following Advisory Boards and Committees:
• Agricultural Commission (five positions)
• Animal Issues Advisory Committee (two positions)There are openings for a representative of tribal government and for a representative of Friends of Forks Animals.
• Boundary Review Board (three positions)Operates under the authority of RCW 36.93 and meetings are held as necessary. There are openings for a county appointee, city appointee and special district appointee
• Building Code Board of Appeals (one position)There is an opening for an alternate who must be either: a general contractor, civil or structural engineer, or architect licensed in Washington with at least 10 years experience; an ICC-certified building official, building inspector, or plans examiner, or ICC-certified fire marshal, fire inspector, or fire plan examiner with at least five years of experience.
• Chemical Dependency/Mental Health Program Fund Advisory Board (three positions)There are openings for a representative of city law enforcement, designated representative of an agency delivering subsidized chemical dependency services, and for a private provider of mental health services not contracting for funding.
• Developmental Disabilities Advisory Committee (two openings)
• Fair Advisory Board (one position)One opening for a representative of the communities of Sequim and Dungeness.
• Heritage Advisory Board (one position)There is a position open for a citizen from Commissioner District II (Port Angeles area).
• Homelessness Task Force (two positions)There is an opening for a representative of tribal government and for service providers on the West End.
• Marine Resource Committee (four positions)Current openings include a representative of the Makah Tribe, Clallam Bay/Sekiu community, commercial fishers and sport fishers.
• Noxious Weed Control Board (two positions)Opening for a representative of Geographic Area 3 (the area west of Morse Creek including the entire City of Port Angeles plus the area around Lake Crescent and Lake Sutherland); and Geographic Area 4 (the entire coastal area from Angeles Point, west to Cape Flattery, and south to the southern end of Lake Ozette plus all territory west of Port Angeles including the communities and areas of Joyce, Pysht, Clallam Bay, Sekiu, Neah Bay and Ozette.
• Park and Recreation Advisory Board (two positions)
• Permit Advisory Board-advisory (one position)There is an opening for a representative of the building trades
• Public Health Advisory Committee (four positions)Volunteers should have an interest in public health policy options, emerging health concerns, communicable diseases, environmental health, and/or disease prevention.
• Sheriff’s Citizens Advisory Committee (four positions)Positions are open for representatives of the unincorporated area surrounding Forks, Quileute Tribe, Makah Nation and Lower Elwha Klallam Tribe.
• Solid Waste Advisory Committee (two positions)There are openings for a representative of Murrey's Olympic Disposal and tribal governments
• Trails Advisory Committee (10 positions)There vacancies for representatives in the following categories: Sequim area trails advocacy group, Port Angeles area trails advocacy group, Western area trails advocacy group, Straits area trails advocacy group, Olympic National Park, Department of Natural Resources, large private forest company, City of Port Angeles, City of Sequim, off-road motorized user groups.
How to applyContact the commissioners’ office at 417-2233; visit their office in the Clallam County Courthouse, 223 E. Fourth St., Port Angeles; or obtain the application online at www.clallam.net/Board/assets/applets/Boards_and_Committees_Full_Application.pdf.