Volunteer Hospice of Clallam County offers a six-week Community & Volunteer Education Series from Sept. 5-Oct. 10.
The series is from 6:30-8:30 p.m. each Thursday at Holy Trinity Lutheran Church’s Fireside Room, 301 E. Lopez Ave., Port Angeles.
The program is free and open to the public. Registration is required.
Volunteer Hospice of Clallam County provides free services to terminally ill patients and their families.
For more information about the series or to register, call the hospice office at 452-1511. To learn more about Volunteer Hospice of Clallam County, see www.vhocc.org.
• Sept. 5 — Introduction to Hospice with Marilyn Nelsen, PhD, Volunteer Services Manager
• Sept. 12 — Attitudes Toward Death and Dying; “Consider the Conversation DVD (first half); “Patients as Mentors” with Bette Wood, RN, Patient Care Manager
• Sept. 19 — Attitudes Toward Death and Dying; “Consider the Conversation DVD (second half); Group discussion
• Sept. 26 — The Gifts of Grief DVD; The Grieving Process, with Debby Smith, Sequim Grief Support Group Facilitator
• Oct. 3 — Mortuary services/legal issues, with presenter Steve Ford, of Drennan Ford Funeral Home, and attorney Rob Tulloch (class held at Drennan Ford Funeral Home, 260 Monroe Road, Port Angeles)
• Oct. 10 — Putting It All Together: Summary, discussion and evaluation, with Marilyn Nelsen, PhD, Volunteer Services Manager.